When Newbies Ask For Help in NEWBIES CORNER ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
9V-Orion Images said:
He should always add a :bsmilie: or a :lovegrin: at the end of his sentence to make it less aggressive.

Emoticons make all the diff. Like this If youre angry (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Or a picture of Kei...

Last edited:
Rashkae said:
Or a picture of Kei.

This is..... Creepy?

But I'm sure that'll make it all better xD

And everyone will know who kei is

Last edited:
why not Sion's picture?

and screw the trolls who think that newbies should be spoon-fed. those people will make terrible parents

kei1309 said:
why not Sion's picture?

and screw the trolls who think that newbies should be spoon-fed. those people will make terrible parents

Guilty troll here. :p

kei1309 said:
why not Sion's picture?

Sion too sexy already. Reserved for more senior uncles to enjoy xD

Just to share something... I used to moderate on another forum of a rather er, adult nature where requests were made by newbies on a daily basis which was a major issue. We had stickies and read-me-firsts which had very limited effect. Things were pretty bad that I was wondering if its possible to force first timers to take and pass a quiz on forum rules and regulations before allowing them in. There isn't such an option in the forum programming then. In the end. as most of the answers are repetitive, I had a template of standard replies. Just paste the reply and lock the thread. Done. Takes less than 30sec.

Or upgrade the forum software to do a similar word search prior to creating a new thread, like on xda forums

Rashkae said:
Or upgrade the forum software to do a similar word search prior to creating a new thread, like on xda forums

So who's paying? :D

in Flowerpod, whenever you wanted to start a new thread, you'll be given a warning to search before you post. and should the mods find out that your's is a repeated thread, they can give you a warning, and ultimately ban you if you persist

Looks like too much for the newbee to dare ask anything ... Google search is better than anything and CS is indexed as well.

So let newbee corner a cosy corner.

Good idea..lets give newbie some tolerence if not they will be disheartened..

kei1309 said:
you'll be surprised how most of them have very thick skin :bsmilie:

If the decision has already been made, then it is difficult to progress -- generally speaking.

I am at intermediate level, however I ask silly questions like I am asking a person around, it gives me a good feeling and feel connected.

Thanks and a gooood night. Peace shall prevail.

nope. not trying to start an argument. i remember a few newbies claiming they did search in the forum using the Search Tool.

i did the same search with the keywords they provided and i got the results for them from the top of the list. just proves they were too lazy to even search for it themselves.

this type of newbies, makes me feel like giving them a good kick in the behind

Today we can search everything in the world from Google, in that case then nobody should ask any question but just do the search. No question but just discussion in the forum. As pointed out above answer if you feel so happily and don't visit that corner if it irritate you so much, this will help :)

kei1309 said:
nope. not trying to start an argument. i remember a few newbies claiming they did search in the forum using the Search Tool.

i did the same search with the keywords they provided and i got the results for them from the top of the list. just proves they were too lazy to even search for it themselves.

this type of newbies, makes me feel like giving them a good kick in the behind

Really!!! , do you kick kids around your neighborhood ?

lotus80 said:
Really!!! , do you kick kids around your neighborhood ?

Are you gonna call your mum crying? Sorry. Grown ups chatting, kids please stand aside.

Here, this piece of tissue paper and go do something creative with it.

kei1309 said:
Are you gonna call your mum crying? Sorry. Grown ups chatting, kids please stand aside.

Here, this piece of tissue paper and go do something creative with it.

Go fish, leave the newbees alone, uncle.

lotus80 said:
Go fish, leave the newbees alone, uncle.
But then again newbies cannot just post a question and demand that we spoonfeed them. The world doesn't work this way. Plus if thee are duplicate posts everywhere, it will be difficult for us, experienced users to find what we really need since the search function will be flooded with useless results. The bros that flame the newbies have good intentions though perhaps their tone is on the harsh side

Status
Not open for further replies.