... when life gets boring with work

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
recently a friend quit her 5 figure banking job, she said life is too sad to be living just for money. She then went Europe for one month; backpacking and shooting.:sweat:

seriously, i think she had earned enough to retire.

Last edited:
recently a friend quit her 5 figure banking job, she said life is too sad to be living just for money. She then went Europe for one month; backpacking and shooting.:sweat:

For me, life will be very very sad to be living without money to feed myself and family......

Really ah, how old is she? probably she will transfer to competitor bank, who know?

is that why jeanie zeh zeh is missing from clubsnap again? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

what is the use on having lots of money when you do not have the time to enjoy it?

what is the use of having lots of time when you do not have the money to enjoy it?

as always a good balance is always needed

what is the use on having lots of money when you do not have the time to enjoy it?

what is the use of having lots of time when you do not have the money to enjoy it?

What if I have no money, no time? Is that a good balance? :think:

whud are you guys lamenting 'bout??? When it gets boring, I've got CS KOPAEDIAM!!! :thumbsup:

(low) 5 figure salary is not a big thing nowadays.
It is good only when one has no liability, e.g. property/car and ultimately familiy.

Agreed, work hard (but not TOO HARD until you need to pay for medical bills) and appreciate what you already have (family, past-time, a reasonably good life).

My 2 cents opinion...

It's a ''见人见自'' issue in this case.

If you have the money, why not.

If you dont have the money, you cant.

It's as simple as that.

Typical life phases:
--------------------
1. childrens: lots of time, lots of energy, no money
2. parents: lots of energy, lots of money, no time
3. grandparents: lots of time, lots of money, no energy

I think S'pore is all about going thru hell when young to remain a human after you retire...
you only start to enjoy the fruit of work at >70 (gov hopes to raise the retirement age past 62 correct?)... but sure can live past 60 boh?;p

Sometimes the stress of 5 figure job could get to you.

Last edited:

I agree with ConnorMcLeod, 5 figure isn't a lot (unless at the top end of 5 figures) and not easy to retire on but again, everyone's idea of "enough" is different. In a different culture, e.g. my friend from UK, will work very hard, taking on two-three jobs for a few months, and then after that do like what your friend did, just go backpacking for a few months at one go.

It sounds weird to us because we were raised in a culture where it is not usual to do this. If you ask me, HK, Japan and Singapore falls into this category where we always have to earn more and more money so that we can happily retire or something at the end of our life *insert "..." and facepalm here*

she probably did that because she has already earned a lot of money. but that's a good thing.. some people never stop even when they are already too rich, it's like money is never enough for them

as with other things in life it needs to be kept in perspective. if we work hard to earn money non-stop and never taking the time to enjoy it, at the end of our lives when we look back, would we be happy with what we had been doing all the while?

balance is good, if not too much money can't enjoy also no use..