When is Daddy Coming Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer_Jay

Jul 5, 2006
Pasir Ris
Hello,

I did a little bit touch up to darken the mother and daughter.

C & C are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Jay the Killer

1348886111_0ad03fbed0_o_d.jpg

Here is the EXIF information
Camera: Canon S3 IS
Shutter: 1/250 sec
Aperature: f/4.0
ISO: 80
Focal Length: normal

IMO, this is a gd shot. However if i were to choose, i would position myself more towards the sides, so that i can capture the mother and daughter more towards the right side of the frame(viewer perspective).This would show the hidden stand with chains as well as give a better composition towards the pic. Overall, gd pic.

A lower angle and mebbe if you can frame her away from the pillar on the bottom left of her...

it'll be nicer to see her whole figure as a silhoutte without the distractions of the ground.

A very good shot indeed, the colour projected the correct mood, the photo really speak out the message of 'When is Daddy coming back?". Like this very much.

Well done and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

nice yolk. thanks for sharing :)

now this is the only photo where people will not nick and pick on loose strains of hair =)

its a good shoot by itself, though it could be made better if
the child had leaned her head on the mother's neck....
and if the both of them had been positioned at the left bottom corner of the shot.

sorry but it just doesn't give me the impression that they are waiting.. more like posing.. hard to tell if they are facing the camera or facing away from the camera. Slightly more of the sky or less ground might give a better void feeling but as far as the color, it's spot on. Maybe placing the pair at the bottom right and sun at the top left might give a different feeling

I find good composition in this picture and very apt title. So good it gives you the shivers down your spine, if you think it in a morbid way.

:thumbsup:

IMO, this is a gd shot. However if i were to choose, i would position myself more towards the sides, so that i can capture the mother and daughter more towards the right side of the frame(viewer perspective).This would show the hidden stand with chains as well as give a better composition towards the pic. Overall, gd pic.

A lower angle and mebbe if you can frame her away from the pillar on the bottom left of her...

it'll be nicer to see her whole figure as a silhoutte without the distractions of the ground.

bro nigel84 & zac08,

thank you for your comments & suggestions. :)

did a cropping with pp to put the mother and daughter at the bottom right corner and crop away the ground.

but if i maintain the 640x480 frame, the "far far away" feeling of the sea is not that strong liao leh...

1360578106_6245a4de47_o.jpg

sorry but it just doesn't give me the impression that they are waiting.. more like posing.. hard to tell if they are facing the camera or facing away from the camera. Slightly more of the sky or less ground might give a better void feeling but as far as the color, it's spot on. Maybe placing the pair at the bottom right and sun at the top left might give a different feeling

bro shahrulesa,

thank you for your comments. :)

went there with a friend and her daughter and while they were amiring the sunset, i quick hand quick leg, took a snap.

if u look carefully, u will see the little girl's hand on the mom's shoulder.

now this is the only photo where people will not nick and pick on loose strains of hair =)

its a good shoot by itself, though it could be made better if
the child had leaned her head on the mother's neck....
and if the both of them had been positioned at the left bottom corner of the shot.

bro richliow,

thank you for your comments and suggestions.

would love to give it another try with ur suggestion and let the girl lean her head on the mom's neck.

but unfortunately, dun think there will be any more chances liao. :cry:

jay the sad

i love the closer crop...but i would clone out that boat on the right edge.

also the noise in the picture makes me want to see it in b+w... i'd be interested to see if it works or not =)

good shot!

i love the closer crop...but i would clone out that boat on the right edge.

also the noise in the picture makes me want to see it in b+w... i'd be interested to see if it works or not =)

good shot!

bro,

i tried it out immediately after ur suggestion but without the colour of the sky, the mood is not that strong.

dunnoe if post another pic of the b+w version will violate the rules or not.....

and dun think i want to clone the boat on the right. too much pp will make the photo very fake.

jay the killer

A very good shot indeed, the colour projected the correct mood, the photo really speak out the message of 'When is Daddy coming back?". Like this very much.

Well done and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

nice yolk. thanks for sharing :)

Interesting compostion.

bros,

thank you for your compliments.

glad that u ppl like it. :)

I find good composition in this picture and very apt title. So good it gives you the shivers down your spine, if you think it in a morbid way.

:thumbsup:

bro,

when i 1st came up of that title, i just pluck whatever come to my mind.

well, now. maybe there is a hidden agenda with tat title..... :bheart:

C & C are very much appreciated.

Did you just come up with a title for posting the photo (so it really isn't important), or is your real intent to express "When is daddy coming back?"

My problem here is that the scene looks more like "sunset with land/seascape, boats, and humans", and more particularly "sunset with land/seascape, boats, and humans, one of which is a child". I.e., from viewing the picture alone, I wouldn't think that the little girl is the main feature of the picture, much less get the specific association "when is daddy coming back?". If a picture is meant so say more than a thousand words, should one have to rely on a title to feel the intended emotion?

I think the message would be clearer if there was more emphasis on the child & mother and less distracting elements, for example by tighter framing, and possibly a slightly out-of-focus background.

Did you just come up with a title for posting the photo (so it really isn't important), or is your real intent to express "When is daddy coming back?"

My problem here is that the scene looks more like "sunset with land/seascape, boats, and humans", and more particularly "sunset with land/seascape, boats, and humans, one of which is a child". I.e., from viewing the picture alone, I wouldn't think that the little girl is the main feature of the picture, much less get the specific association "when is daddy coming back?". If a picture is meant so say more than a thousand words, should one have to rely on a title to feel the intended emotion?

I think the message would be clearer if there was more emphasis on the child & mother and less distracting elements, for example by tighter framing, and possibly a slightly out-of-focus background.

hi littlewolf,

thank you for your comments.

most of my photos i took are just point and shoot as i am very new to photography (see my no of post). so there is no intention to express certain theme in my photos (or rather dunnoe how to).

and also i personally prefer to shoot things as they are cos those are more natural rather than "please pose like this cos i want the sad sad feeling". yes, i do agree tat at time we need certain pose to convey a certain message, but i have to admit i dunnoe how to.

lastly, if my photos (as a biginner taken with a S3 IS) can say a thousand words by itself, then i can quit my current job and go into photography liao. :bsmilie:

anyway, thanks again.

jay the killer

Status
Not open for further replies.