when is bid and when is offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithjhee

May 20, 2003
toa payoh
Visit site
just being kaypoh n trying to see wat is the defination of bid n offer here..no harm intention..here goes..

seller is to OFFER an item for sales..

buyer is to place a BID for the offer of an item for sales..a buyer cannot OFFER a price to the seller for an item..

not sure if everyone agrees with me abt it..let me know ur views..hehe..

i am stating the above as the above is wat is happening in the biz world..as my job is a trader in a jap trading firm and in our trading buy/sell world, buyer only place firm BID for cargo and seller only place firm OFFER for cargo..

cheers! ;)

keithjhee said:
buyer is to place a BID for the offer of an item for sales..a buyer cannot OFFER a price to the seller for an item..

Not trying to disagree with you but I cannot figure out the difference between "BID for offer of an item in sales" and "OFFER a price to seller fo an item" :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Silverelf said:
Not trying to disagree with you but I cannot figure out the difference between "BID for offer of an item in sales" and "OFFER a price to seller fo an item" :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

in any transaction, there is alway a bid n offer. a seller offer something for sales. to me, if i am a seller, it does seem strange to get a offer from a buyer for a offer of my item. same as stock market, there is a bid-ask(offer) spread. there is no ask-ask pricing. to buy something, u bid for it. to sell something, u offer it for sales.

it does seem strange to me as a buyer to offer a price to the seller for an item. :dunno: seem more logic to be 'offer cold hard cash notes of $$ to seller' than 'offer a price to seller' .. hmm.. wat u think?

Status
Not open for further replies.