When is a permit needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterock

Dec 20, 2005
www.rock.per.sg
I will be doing a outdoor shoot of a car and client asked whether we need a permit for the location. I have identified possible location with minimal distractions, since I will be removing the background in Photoshop.

1. Carpark outside National Stadium, near the river
2. TurfCity
3. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks!

I presume if you are not building any hoarding or enclosure or using private properties it should be ok.... furthermore you mention that you will be removing background with PS then no problem....

But it is still good to get enquiries.... Carpark Mmmm :think: .... URA?

I will be doing a outdoor shoot of a car and client asked whether we need a permit for the location. I have identified possible location with minimal distractions, since I will be removing the background in Photoshop.

1. Carpark outside National Stadium, near the river
2. TurfCity
3. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks!
I suppose getting permits for both filming and still photography shoots are more or less the same so here goes my two cents worth.

1. You gotta check whether the carpark is under the management of the National Stadium or is it under the URA or LTA. Based on previous experiences, I have a good feeling it could be LTA but I am a bit rusty so please check.

2. Definitely seeking permit from TurfCity's management because I assume you are shooting within their compound area. Ask for the estates or sometimes security department.

3. Unless you are damn confident that you can set up and complete your shoot within less than 3 hours, I strongly suggest not using the method shoot-and-run. Always, always, always bring a copy of your permit when you go shooting because sometimes the managment you are dealing with may be aware of your presence and purpose but due to their "internal miscommunication", certain departments such as the security may not be aware and therefore, the permit comes in handy to clear all sorts of misunderstandings. Bring the original copy and several photocopies as well.

=Mich= :)

Status
Not open for further replies.