When i set up camera with tripod, passersby always gazes at me

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
Do you experience this too? I hate people look at me with those weird face when i am shooting with a tripod everywhere. People who don't know any on photography always give those stunned look when they see me shooting at ordinary objects.

Do you experience this too? I hate people look at me with those weird face when i am shooting with a tripod everywhere. People who don't know any on photography always give those stunned look when they see me shooting at ordinary objects.

not surprising... if they're curious, i'll invite them to have a peek thru the viewfinder.

Why are you paying attention to passer-bys when you should be concentrating on taking photos???

It's fun!
I usually give the same look to people with the point and shoot when they take their "facebook" pictures :D You know the arms length, full flash, pitch black background...

Was dragging a softbox around at Sentosa beach yesterday evening, also got the looks :)

:bsmilie: I was just about to say 'Concentrate on your shot and just ignore them', unless you're blocking a path or posing a snag-n-fall danger to others.

You should see the looks I get when I set up my wee lil tripod and boxy looking 'point-n-soot' kamela! :devil: :bsmilie:

well tripods are essential for ur long exposure mah, let ppl see lo. I even had ppl walking by shouting, "smile, work that back.. " while doing a shoot for a friend (without tripod).

I use tripod in my photography quite a bit and I don't care whether any passerby is 'stunned' or not. I bring my tripod along almost 90% of the time in my photography escapades.

Don't need to worry about what others will think of your setup. Let your pictures do the talking, if there's a need to talk.

Maybe they can't differentiate between you & the tripod? :think: :dunno: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last edited:

sorry but the bolded sentence jus seems a wee bit arrogant to me. :)

tht being aside, how do you know they dnt know anything about photography? maybe they are the real experts and really wondering y u r doing tht particular action.

jus a thot, no offence taken i hope

i was lucky:D i was setting my tripod and shooting at love river, kaoshiung taiwan. then got 2 photographers from tw walk pass and were quite surprised. gave me some general advice and thumbs up asking me to jiayous and keep it up:D

lucky me

Maybe they were looking at your backside? :bsmilie:

FonziesAss.jpg

is it..

i lie down to take photos of cats to get the angle i want, people always laugh when they walk by. i just smile at them. :)

Why are you paying attention to passer-bys when you should be concentrating on taking photos???

you might meet the love of your life when shooting objects with a tripod.

i wear a 360 degree reflective plate to make sure that i can see all my surroundings.

never know when you might get lucky.

btw, sometimes i look at people with funny look because i see their lens, then i see where they are pointing, i am wondering what they are shooting.

lol.......ppl stares all them time......wat to do? they curious how the masters work mah.

is it..

i lie down to take photos of cats to get the angle i want, people always laugh when they walk by. i just smile at them. :)

Just make sure no xmm in skirt nearby :nono: