When i set up camera with tripod, passersby always gazes at me

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
Do you experience this too? I hate people look at me with those weird face when i am shooting with a tripod everywhere. People who don't know any on photography always give those stunned look when they see me shooting at ordinary objects.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Do you experience this too? I hate people look at me with those weird face when i am shooting with a tripod everywhere. People who don't know any on photography always give those stunned look when they see me shooting at ordinary objects.
not surprising... if they're curious, i'll invite them to have a peek thru the viewfinder.

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
Why are you paying attention to passer-bys when you should be concentrating on taking photos???

Jan 13, 2010
It's fun!
I usually give the same look to people with the point and shoot when they take their "facebook" pictures :D You know the arms length, full flash, pitch black background...

Was dragging a softbox around at Sentosa beach yesterday evening, also got the looks :)

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
:bsmilie: I was just about to say 'Concentrate on your shot and just ignore them', unless you're blocking a path or posing a snag-n-fall danger to others.

You should see the looks I get when I set up my wee lil tripod and boxy looking 'point-n-soot' kamela! :devil: :bsmilie:

gamebit

Dec 18, 2008
Singapore
www.flickriver.com
well tripods are essential for ur long exposure mah, let ppl see lo. I even had ppl walking by shouting, "smile, work that back.. " while doing a shoot for a friend (without tripod).

Aug 31, 2005
I use tripod in my photography quite a bit and I don't care whether any passerby is 'stunned' or not. I bring my tripod along almost 90% of the time in my photography escapades.

Don't need to worry about what others will think of your setup. Let your pictures do the talking, if there's a need to talk.

madmartian

May 2, 2009
Outer Space
Maybe they can't differentiate between you & the tripod? :think: :dunno: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
Last edited:

ahming111

Jan 28, 2010
sorry but the bolded sentence jus seems a wee bit arrogant to me. :)

tht being aside, how do you know they dnt know anything about photography? maybe they are the real experts and really wondering y u r doing tht particular action.

jus a thot, no offence taken i hope

Sep 17, 2008
i was lucky:D i was setting my tripod and shooting at love river, kaoshiung taiwan. then got 2 photographers from tw walk pass and were quite surprised. gave me some general advice and thumbs up asking me to jiayous and keep it up:D

lucky me

Maybe they were looking at your backside? :bsmilie:

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
is it..

i lie down to take photos of cats to get the angle i want, people always laugh when they walk by. i just smile at them. :)

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
Why are you paying attention to passer-bys when you should be concentrating on taking photos???
you might meet the love of your life when shooting objects with a tripod.

i wear a 360 degree reflective plate to make sure that i can see all my surroundings.

never know when you might get lucky.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
btw, sometimes i look at people with funny look because i see their lens, then i see where they are pointing, i am wondering what they are shooting.

Top Bottom