When 3x is not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinoy

Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP East
www.flickr.com
Was at the zoo with my family yesterday, and that's where I really felt how limiting the 3x zoom of G2 is. I've got an Oly C180 1.7x tele to boot, but still find it not good enough (especially since it ends up with vignetting).

I wonder what options I have left. I'd hate to sell this lovely piece of DC but if push comes to shove, I might as well consider it.

So tell me, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Regards,

Pinoy

Maybe a 2X TC? There's not much I can think of, since using a scope is pretty much out for you.

Just saw from another thread about that Sharpshooter 8x. That would be great! Hopefully, I'd be able to use it on my G2 one day. Sigh. :(

Doubt it's possible though.

on the same subject..got any price list of the different telephoto lens available??Was thinking of getting one....:)

Originally posted by Paladin
on the same subject..got any price list of the different telephoto lens available??Was thinking of getting one....:)

I got a Kenko KUT 300 hi (supposely 3X but I think it is 2X). Bought it from Ebay for US$150 because my rear a bit itchy :p then. The Vignetting pretty bad though.

well at the moment, stay with ur G2 ...it is a cool peice of gear....and well...think of how many times u need to use zoom and for what purpose....
I think...save up for the moment....and when the real Digital SLR 's price come down then get one with super zoom.
just my 2 cents!

guess a lot would depend on how often you take pics at the zoo :p it might not be worthwhile to get a big zoom for a once a year outing.

Agreed with mpenza and marlin. Think over it carefully again before selling away your G2. Dats the reason why one should always consider carefully before buying a DC. G2 produce very good image quality indeed. But it belongs to a low-zoom model which you most likely wun improve much even by adding TCs. The amount you need to spend on a quality TC(e.g., a $280 B300 which gives you 5.1x at most) doesn't justify the amount of optical zoom increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.