WhatsApp For iPhone To Become Subscription-Based This Year

for even a dollar, people will complain how expensive the app is...

but show them a sale on branded clothes.....

C'est la vie

We are too obsessed with free apps that's why when an app starts charging, we wonder why like that and may end up looking for other free replacement, even if it's a v cheap price.

For a dollar a year, I gladly pay it. It's no doubt a good and popular app.

We are too obsessed with free apps that's why when an app starts charging, we wonder why like that and may end up looking for other free replacement, even if it's a v cheap price.

For a dollar a year, I gladly pay it. It's no doubt a good and popular app.

what $1 a year??? that one is current price. the new subscription model no one knows yet.

"Currently, WhatsApp users on iOS are able to use the app free of charge after obtaining it from the App Store for $0.99, yet users on other platforms can download it free of charge and use it for the first year, before being charged a yearly subscription fee of $1."

Last edited:
what $1 a year??? that one is current price. the new subscription model no one knows yet.

"Currently, WhatsApp users on iOS are able to use the app free of charge after obtaining it from the App Store for $0.99, yet users on other platforms can download it free of charge and use it for the first year, before being charged a yearly subscription fee of $1."

I'm android user, and have just paid the first $1. For iOS users, I believe they will charge the same too.

What will happen to current iOS users who have paid 99 cents for the app? According to Koum, they will not be affected, with the current unlimited plan remaining in place for all current users.