What's yr earphone brand and model?

Wad's yr earphones/headphones brand?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Recently I heard Olivia Ong’s “live” CD that was played in a shopping mall and really liked the “live” feel.

So my question is, what kind of headphones are most suitable for this type of music.

Try the Alessandro MS1i, pretty affordable and great for the price

a-jays one
sennheiser hd202

-Sennheiser HD600
-Sennheiser HD650
-Shure SRH240
-Shure SRH840
-Beyerdynamic DT880

Wanted to dive into the Sennheiser HD800 but seems like overkill for my mainly portable app (mainly to kill time during the wait in weddings). Already have the HD600 and HD650, and the old Beyerdynamic DT880 (which sounded sucky as it did not fit my taste but was on offer at S$299 then if i am not wrong LOL!). But looks like there is absolutely no portable amp which can do the HD800 justice, and prob have to upgrade my home amps (Cayin HA-1A with EL84, Melos SHA-1, and that one what output transformerless OTL amp with 6922 tubes Ear Pro or something). Heard it, and seriously I was expecting more. So did not try the Beyer T1. I'm not touching my main HT/Hifi rig for the time being - in hibernation. LOL!

So last week in the end settled for the Shure SRH840 and a small little anemic Go Vibe with 4AAA, probably pushing about 100mW into the 44 ohms load . Hey not bad for the price leh.... Checked out the Audio Technica AT-M50, that'd be good for techno/trance.
The SRH840 is pretty good. There is no Sennheiser closed headphones in the line which are like the SRH840 (the HD25 II does not come close).

AKG K272 not really suitable for my own music-on-the-go genres (and besides needs more amp due higher impedance needing more voltage swing).
For those looking into electronic music, SRH240 is good.

Wish Sennheiser has a RS180 model type of headset quality but with a smaller transmitter for portability though. (RS160 transmitter is cool, but headset is entry-level)

For HD800, I have considered DIY and outsourcing for the portable amp part, but then again DIY.... You'd need power (esp voltage swing) and quality, with batteries the voltage swing is the tough part even with Li ion.

Last edited:
Been using UE's sf5pro till accidentally broke the connector on one side... Now using Livewire 3. Have AT's noise cancellation headphone ANC7 too.

Q-jays
Westone UM1

:)

UE SF5.

Upgrading to a Westone 3 after I get a new lens for my camera. :)

Im currently using monster's Jamz in ear headphones ^^ Costed a bomb. Luckily it was paid with a voucher :p

Recently upgraded my Denon C551 to UE TF10.
Amazon golden box deal ftw :bsmilie:

Ue 700 :d

I am not a music buff but i do appreciate good quality music to my ears.

I am currently using the native android google nexus one earphones which i keep having to adjust frequently unfortunately in the midst of runs, and i find it very irritating

Looking for those clip on ones that hugs to the ears, and functionally lightweight for running ( i dun think i can handle heavy headphones pulling my ears for 1-2 hr runs ) . Any recommendations ?

Ryan

I am not a music buff but i do appreciate good quality music to my ears.

I am currently using the native android google nexus one earphones which i keep having to adjust frequently unfortunately in the midst of runs, and i find it very irritating

Looking for those clip on ones that hugs to the ears, and functionally lightweight for running ( i dun think i can handle heavy headphones pulling my ears for 1-2 hr runs ) . Any recommendations ?

Ryan

There are a few waterproof ones..

They were reviewed in the Digital Life magazine just recently. Not sure about the models, will check it out for you. Though they are pricey, they do sound good and can be used or swims as well.

If u wan a normal sweatproof in ears, i would recommend a Sony. sound from sony are "contoversial" some ppl hate, some ppl dont (like me:))

thx leowyien! I was looking around Sennheiser's IE 6 and some of Ultimate Ear offerings for sports and running. I probably will not spend more than an IE 6 though.

Ryan

I'm using Shure SE-530.... AWESOME EARPHONE!!!!