What's your reason for wanting more megapixels?

What's your reason for wanting more megapixels?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

surrephoto

Jan 14, 2009
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
6 mpx - D70, 300D etc.
8 mpx - 1D MKII, 20D etc.
10 mpx - 40D, D80 etc.
12 mpx - 5D, D700, D3 etc
15 mpx - 500D, 50D etc.
21 mpx - 5D MKII, 1Ds MKIII etc.
25 mpx - D3x, A900 etc.
37 mpx - Leica S2

Just curious to know if some of you out there have been thinking of getting a denser body, what are your primary reason(s)?

For hobbyist who don't do large prints, 21.1 mpx could certainly be a bit of an overkill.

We shoot 5D MK IIs and praise the dense sensor array. But when we upload to our portfolios, we may usually only use a tiny bit of that full amt.

Many also know the fact that more pixels means more noise. Cropping is one thing, but how much can we crop till details and noise stake claim?

For those who print, 12 megapixels would already give you 14 by 10 inches at 300 DPI.

What's your reason?

so that i can show my relatives and friends my super large megapixel camera, and hear them go

"waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and suck in their breath when i tell them how many megapixels it is

sadly, now 14 megapixels is nothing, the stupid companies keep stacking megapixels in p&s

so that i can show my relatives and friends my super large megapixel camera, and hear them go

"waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and suck in their breath when i tell them how many megapixels it is

sadly, now 14 megapixels is nothing, the stupid companies keep stacking megapixels in p&s

Dude, tell me when you get a Leica S2/Hassy leh (maybe you already have)!

37 mpx confirm your relatives/friends become vacuum cleaner!

Personally i think 8.2 MP is a very nice balance range (pixel to noise) for APS-C bodies...
clear.gif

Maybe people just not happy when the number is lower than 10... ;p

I just like to make up for my other shortcomings

Can't get newer features without also getting more megapixels.

Dude, tell me when you get a Leica S2/Hassy leh (maybe you already have)!

37 mpx confirm your relatives/friends become vacuum cleaner!

i am poor boy, i only have cheap cheap lenses...... and i use pentax, not pro enough to use nikon or canon. :embrass::embrass:

1. cropping
2. cropping
3. cropping

With FF camera, it is always not long enough so yeahh cropping is the reason :)

It's for clarity and knowing that at times when I need to crop I need not worry that the shot will be to pixelised. Furthermore it looks better on print esp when shooting low light subjects

Came with the camera. Dun need it, and it makes the processing slower

Needed to do some major cropping recently and was very thankful for the extra megapixels. :thumbsup:

I don't need that high megapixel. Just give me an average abt 12 to 15MP with a ultra low noise with super high ISO, that will do.. :sweatsm:

Frankly, me too, only than cropping. I tried and it takes quite long down loading at the PP shops, besides onto the PC/Laptops.:think:

Whack 40 MP and above files convert to TIFF with all layers preserved and send to people you don't like. :sweat: :devil: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I DON"T want any more increase in Megapixels....... IMHO, 12MP is all I'll ever need. Yes, with super Megapixels... I could Crop alot. But since the biggest I'll ever is A4 size on my home printer.... its not too big a problem. :sweat:

Whack 40 MP and above files convert to TIFF with all layers preserved and send to people you don't like. :sweat: :devil: :bsmilie:

Do you work for intel or one of the Ram chip manufacturers? :)

Do I need a reason for everything in life? NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.