what's your preferred spelling

your spelling

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
incubus said:
errrrrrrrr
is len even a word? looked it up, but dun think it pertains to lenses in general

i think the singular term for lenses is lens... the plural term counterpart would of course be lenses.

and what's your preferred version - color/colour ;p

+evenstar said:
color = american
colour = british, used in singapore (but color used in american products)

of course i know that. you didn't answer my question.
personally i prefer to use color because of laziness.. ;p

+evenstar said:
do a search on the forums.. you'll be surprised...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Well, we shouldn't use a photography forum to determine the correct spelling for an English word.

But it seems that spelling correctly is becoming less and less important outside of the classroom. The current sms generation has created a plethora of abbreviations which would have been totally foreign to most people 3 or 5 years ago.

Ansel said:
Well, we shouldn't use a photography forum to determine the correct spelling for an English word.

But it seems that spelling correctly is becoming less and less important outside of the classroom. The current sms generation has created a plethora of abbreviations which would have been totally foreign to most people 3 or 5 years ago.

i agree. the problem with it is dat, it actually makes reading a simple sentence difficult. cos not many ppl have the same common knowledge of the abbreviation used. (in fact ive used 3 in my last sentence)

;p dis is probably getting out of topic

+evenstar said:
Many different forms of a single word...which is yours?
There is one correct way to spell the word, in the singular form, it's lens, and in the plural form, it's lenses.

If someone typed the following alphabet - len, we can guess it's meaning to be lens.

The comparison color and colour is not applicable here because both color and color are accepted form pf the word, while len is not an accepted form of the word lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.