Whats your favourite War Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this qualify as war movie, there was this foriegn film where the lead actor tries to make his kid thinks it is some kind of a game while they were being held in german concentration camp.

"It's a Beautiful Life", starring Italian comic Roberto Benigni.

thanks r32, that is the one. if can be consider as war movie, for me, its the best, along with Schindlers List.

My top 5 War movies :

1. Tour of Duty
2. Battle of Midway (the oldie version)
3. Band of Brothers
4. Combat (70s TV series, now out on DVD)
5. Full Metal Jacket

Juz watched 300.

A compelling war movie, but the feelings of the director ring out and despite the concept of 'Glory in Death, for Loyalty, Honour' (which most ppl regard it as dead & buried), I personally feel those values which people live by in the past, stick to it and die on it are still pretty much relevant to our modern day context for those are the values that raised the valour to heighten the glory of the human civilisation, which, sadly to say, had gone into decline.

Looking at the world in general, I occasionally can't help but feel that our civilisation is now in a state of decline as compared to the so-called 'blood-thirsty, war-like, primitive' behaviour of the ancestors of our old.

I guess the motivation today is, "Glory to riches, how much are you paying me?";p
And if you practice Chivalry, you can be accused of promoting sexual inequality or worst, sexual haressment....

Oh well...

But yeah, 300 is a good movie.... Hahhahaa!

Persian Officer: "Spartans, lay down your weapons."

Spartan King Leonidas: "Come and get them!";)

Juz watched 300.

A compelling war movie, but the feelings of the director ring out and despite the concept of 'Glory in Death, for Loyalty, Honour' (which most ppl regard it as dead & buried), I personally feel those values which people live by in the past, stick to it and die on it are still pretty much relevant to our modern day context for those are the values that raised the valour to heighten the glory of the human civilisation, which, sadly to say, had gone into decline.

Looking at the world in general, I occasionally can't help but feel that our civilisation is now in a state of decline as compared to the so-called 'blood-thirsty, war-like, primitive' behaviour of the ancestors of our old.

Conspiracy, directed by Frank Pierson (2001)

An understated yet chilling historical recreation of the 1942 Wannsee Conference.

watching this and knowing that it's based on a true event made me sick to the stomach. but it also goes to show how deadly clinical the Nazi regime was when dealing with the "Final Solution".

no one seen this? :cry:

A bridge too far :thumbsup:

I guess the motivation today is, "Glory to riches, how much are you paying me?";p
And if you practice Chivalry, you can be accused of promoting sexual inequality or worst, sexual haressment....

Oh well...

But yeah, 300 is a good movie.... Hahhahaa!

Persian Officer: "Spartans, lay down your weapons."

Spartan King Leonidas: "Come and get them!";)
Leonidas: Arcadian, what do you do?
Arcadian: I'm a baker, sir.
Leoniads: And u?
Arcadian: A sculpter, sir.
Leoniads: And u?
Arcadian: A potter, sir.

Leoniads: SPARTANS! WHAT DO YOU DO?
300: ARWOO! ARWOO! ARWOO!!!!

Leoniads: See old friend? I'd bought more soldiers than you do. :thumbsup:

LOL. I watched 300 ystd. It has inspired me to improve upon my personal fitness =P
Walao those 300 can fill a women's magazine Top 100 Hunks section 3 times over man.

Cheers!
QX

Status
Not open for further replies.