What's Your Favourite Aircraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hommie

Oct 11, 2004
Singapore
Mine is the F111! :thumbsup:

F-111

The F-111 was a multipurpose tactical fighter bomber capable of supersonic speeds. The aircraft was one of the more controversial aircraft ever to fly, yet it achieved one of the safest operational records of any aircraft in USAF history and became a highly effective all-weather interdiction aircraft. As a result of a poorly thought-out development specification, both the Navy and Air Force had become committed, much against their will, to a civilian-inspired "Tactical Fighter Experimental" (TFX) program. This called for developing a single aircraft-the F-111-to fulfill a Navy fleet-defense interceptor requirement and an Air Force supersonic strike aircraft requirement. In retrospect, this was impossible to achieve, especially since planners placed priority upon the Air Force requirement, and then tried to tailor this heavy landplane to the constraints of carrier-based naval operations.

fw1a.jpg

f-111-00000003.jpg

X-15A2, nuff' said..

eusafx155ev.jpg

haha, this guy is a heavy fuel eater.

Drudkh said:
Haha, no fast car is an efficient car! :bsmilie:

F-15 Eagle..
this bird is a beauty man...

Drudkh said:

Hehe... The X-15 is an even bigger fuel eater... 15 tonnes of fuel expended in 3 minutes.

My favourite aircraft would be the one who can fly me from one destination to the other SAFELY.

That would be the A340-500, plenty of which in my gallery.

Hommie said:
The Or Jiao!

Yeah man... the Black Bird is still the coolest supersonic plane to grace the skies ever!

A sinister product of the cold war, it is still unsurpassed by current planes in terms of pure speed.

Retired after the cold war ended and as someone mentioned, super heavy fuel consumption thanks to it ramjet engines. :bigeyes:

blackbird2_jpg.jpg

JSF and F22 Raptor. :) Like the wings on the F14.

Terence said:
That would be the A340-500, plenty of which in my gallery.
:thumbsup: I like your website very much! :D

Drudkh said:
:thumbsup: I like your website very much! :D

Hey, thanks :)

Too bad for the military jocks though, it's mostly commercial airliners although there is a SR-71 head shot somewhere in there.

Can get me one of this??
chrisgbp.jpg

The mother of all spyplanes. The Aurora Hypersonic Stealth Spy Plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.