What's Your Favourite Aircraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite used to be F-16 Falcon
f16desert.jpg

Until F-22 Raptor came along
f22.1.jpg

And my favourite bomber, B2a Spirit. It's worth a mention.
237700.jpg

singscott said:
That will be the "Mi24 Hind" Gunship helicopter ;) It was made famous in RAMBO 3

haha yeap you're right. . that gunship looks erm...... pregnant. :sweatsm:

Hommie said:
Mine is the F111! :thumbsup:

F-111

The F-111 was a multipurpose tactical fighter bomber capable of supersonic speeds. The aircraft was one of the more controversial aircraft ever to fly, yet it achieved one of the safest operational records of any aircraft in USAF history and became a highly effective all-weather interdiction aircraft. As a result of a poorly thought-out development specification, both the Navy and Air Force had become committed, much against their will, to a civilian-inspired "Tactical Fighter Experimental" (TFX) program. This called for developing a single aircraft-the F-111-to fulfill a Navy fleet-defense interceptor requirement and an Air Force supersonic strike aircraft requirement. In retrospect, this was impossible to achieve, especially since planners placed priority upon the Air Force requirement, and then tried to tailor this heavy landplane to the constraints of carrier-based naval operations.

well, looks like they've learnt a lot from this and got it right with the JSF program :)

My fav is the SpitFire. Although they were not the main workhorse of the RAF due to poor manufacturability, it just looks 'perfect'.

Status
Not open for further replies.