whats with singapore's buses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingosteen

Jul 30, 2005
singapore
ok i've always been very grateful that Singapore has a fantastic transport system (MRT, buses, LRT, taxis) and i'm glad that they're constantly improving their facilities but these two problems have been going on for AGES and nobody seems to talk about it. i dunno if you face this but ok here goes.

The Hydrotherapy Lab on wheels
try going to work in shirt and tie and the water goes "doop doop doop" on your hair, briefcase and pants. hahaha.

The Creepie Crawlie Night Safari
The person right in front of you, in LaLaland, you watch as a small cockroach crawl from one end of his shoulders to the other, sashay along the seat and then happily stroll back to the other end of his shoulders again. What are you going to do? smack his shoulders, splat cockroach-goo all over his shirt and get a smack urself or keep quiet. THEN you start squirming around ur seat thinking there might be roachies behind you too.

THEN your neighbour does the same.

ok alright maybe the best we can do is tell the driver politely that "look this bus needs cleaning" but i guess that wont really solve anything. *sigh*

mingosteen said:

buses should be scheduled for regular maintenance, but it might not be on the day the problem occurs... so it's good that the passanger tells that driver to feedback to the maintenance crew to take a look at it immediately....else the dirver will happily finish his tour and goes home and repeat the tour the next day obvilous to the dripping AC.

Again, there should be regular cleaning... but this is a case of the commuter should not give the roaches an excuse to be there in the first place by not eating onboard. No amount of cleaning can replace civic mindness.

I think the water droplets are a small thing, but the cockroaches are I think due to the passengers carelessness in leaving food rests in the bus??? Why blame the driver or the bus company? We should start with ourselves.........

HS

wats the definition of 'air-conditioned'?
some buses get so hot durin hot days, n some buses r freezing in the cold mornings....

maybe they shld refresh the bus captains the way they should control the aircon temp.

Rainy Day - > Freezing cold

Sunny Day - > It's like an oven inside :confused:

Yup. I'd agree with HS.

But still I think SBS needs to clean the buses more thoroughly regardless if it's our fault or not. The buses can do some major overhaul + cleaning.

hazekang said:
wats the definition of 'air-conditioned'?
some buses get so hot durin hot days, n some buses r freezing in the cold mornings....
Be grateful, the routes that don't 'earn' $ don't even have aircon.

eg: Bus 151 - NUS, all bus pass, so single deck non-aircon
Bus 90 - RSAF PLAB, all bus pass also, single/double deck non-aircon, ocassionally have but single deck.

no air-con at least it stil has some ventilation....

inside enclosed 'air-con' buses.... high temp reeli is high temp.... no ventilation too....

espn said:

Bus 90 - RSAF PLAB, all bus pass also, single/double deck non-aircon, ocassionally have but single deck.
Maybe they want these youngsters to 'suffer' a little in life? To prepare them for the real life? He!he!..........just kidding lah!

Hong Sien

espn said:
Yup. I'd agree with HS.

But still I think SBS needs to clean the buses more thoroughly regardless if it's our fault or not. The buses can do some major overhaul + cleaning.

and increase fares due to "high maintenance cost"... no way.

CYRN said:
They are going to increase it anyway, with or without our blessing.

CYRN said:

very true. as humanely as we demand, all the improvements will literally come out of us tax-payers pockets..vicious cycle in the metropolitan, cosmopolitan, all the politan politan crap we live in now..

think its better to either walk or cycle..or taxi..but don't buy CAR!!!!

:sweatsm:

hazekang said:
no air-con at least it stil has some ventilation....

inside enclosed 'air-con' buses.... high temp reeli is high temp.... no ventilation too....
Imagine a ton of green men, holding their armpits high because have to hold on the handles/support. They might have chiong sua... might have gone for IPPT... :ipuke: U get the idea ;p

hongsien said:
Maybe they want these youngsters to 'suffer' a little in life? To prepare them for the real life? He!he!..........just kidding lah!

Hong Sien
Just don't get me involved!!! I need to take bus 90 whenever I go for ICT! :bsmilie:

CYRN said:
High maintenance costs refers to the board of director's pay, not bus maintenance. Remember the nice nice aircon-bus interchanges, the nice nice plasma/LCD tvs that tell u the bus no, departing berth and time? Remember...

doug3fflux said:
think its better to either walk or cycle..or taxi..but don't buy CAR!!!!

:sweatsm:

exactly what I doin now...alas..all my savings gone to Canon :cry: or at least CP :cry:

espn said:
Just don't get me involved!!! I need to take bus 90 whenever I go for ICT! :bsmilie:
walk out to eunos link rd? :bsmilie:

espn said:

151 became semi aircon ever since they made 170 a fully aircon service. The buses were simply switched between the two services. Thankfully, the NEL was opened later...hah.

what to do, world class mah.
the buses in other places are worse.

espn said:
Imagine a ton of green men, holding their armpits high because have to hold on the handles/support. They might have chiong sua... might have gone for IPPT... :ipuke: U get the idea

yeah... i am the victim and the culprit b4...

a group of us... 12 ppls. in number 4. ran from marina south to marina mrt. all sweating. entered the train.. all siam!

den we ran out of the mrt. to the bus interchange and waited there. and all of us panting. all perspiring, den we entered a airconditioned bus. all of us raised our armpits to grab the handles and.... POOF!! the smelll.. 1 word

SOLID !! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.