Whats the white cover ontop of flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

leithunder

Dec 14, 2006
Hey guys! was wondering wat are thsoe white covers that is mounted on top of the head of flashes esp those nikon SB-XXX. Seen lots of them used during the sg garden fest! ani idea? not bounce cards though

That diffuser is called omnibounce. It is actually to diffuse light to the object that you are shooting so as not to get harsh shadows.

Hey guys! was wondering wat are thsoe white covers that is mounted on top of the head of flashes esp those nikon SB-XXX. Seen lots of them used during the sg garden fest! ani idea? not bounce cards though

diffuser...

just checked out its sto fen omni bounce! Btw does it has the same function as lightsphere II?

just checked out its sto fen omni bounce! Btw does it has the same function as lightsphere II?

I have used both before. Light sphere gives a more all rounded diffusion. I use it for people shots usually. The bulk of the light sphere is scary though. Haha..

I have used both before. Light sphere gives a more all rounded diffusion. I use it for people shots usually. The bulk of the light sphere is scary though. Haha..
so in the case of the sg garden fest , wld lightsphere be more appropriate than the omni bounce?

so in the case of the sg garden fest , wld lightsphere be more appropriate than the omni bounce?
yes, provided you know the right technique of using.
personally i just use a sto-fen(lightsphere is too much for me to afford S$90)

Actually for the garden fest which i went, i used the omnibounce, This is becuase the light sphere is too bulky and when you go close to take flowers, the lightsphere may actually hinder you more and it may touch the flowers.

Depends on how you use it. Personally I was using a Stofen omnibounce off camera (connected with a cable to the hot-shoe) And the results was not too bad. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.