What's the use of 'TFCDs' and Model Shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
One of the most posted and viewed gallery in clubsnap here is the potraits and poses one. I've seen that many of you guys have participated in TFCDs (what it means i'm still not sure) and model shoots. Usually, these sessions would consist of some payment for the models maybe the venue and equipment.

However, i don't really understand why you would consistently go for these sessions if the photographs taken would not be really used for anything. You may argue then what's the use for example, all the landscape photographs i've taken..but then again i didn't have to pay for them.

I would understand if you want to develop some sort of portfolio for a possible career in this line of photography.. but for those who really aren't, why would you spend so much money for these kind of shoots. Some of you may say you want to try it out, but going for a second, third...tenth time?

In no way am I against these type of sessions, but i don't quite understand what motives you guys have (other than seeing girls in bikinis for half a day).

a form of exercise, can stand up, sit down, bend down, prone, crawl, run...

and also it increases the heart rate, enuff to give u a healthy lifestyle... sometimes also can help purge the bad blood from the nose...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

and also it increases the heart rate, enuff to give u a healthy lifestyle... sometimes also can help purge the bad blood from the nose...

:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Photography is a Passion :sweat:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

muaahaaa... trust our king of suan to come up with the perfect answer to the re-fighting of this question (again). :bsmilie:

DCA - can we ask the mods to sticky ur answer? save all future generations of CSers from coming up with an answer. :thumbsup:

Patryk said:
One of the most posted and viewed gallery in clubsnap here is the potraits and poses one. I've seen that many of you guys have participated in TFCDs (what it means i'm still not sure) and model shoots. Usually, these sessions would consist of some payment for the models maybe the venue and equipment.

However, i don't really understand why you would consistently go for these sessions if the photographs taken would not be really used for anything. You may argue then what's the use for example, all the landscape photographs i've taken..but then again i didn't have to pay for them.

I would understand if you want to develop some sort of portfolio for a possible career in this line of photography.. but for those who really aren't, why would you spend so much money for these kind of shoots. Some of you may say you want to try it out, but going for a second, third...tenth time?

In no way am I against these type of sessions, but i don't quite understand what motives you guys have (other than seeing girls in bikinis for half a day).

It's the same as some ppl go limchew, go fishing, go dancing, go par golf, etc .... Some have very real reasons to do the above, some become professional, some just wanna meet friends, some want to show off their skills, etc.... It's the same ..... I N T E R E S T ..:devil:
It's like asking why some ppl like to anyhow tok tok then kanna sued, then pay up, again then tok tok, then kanna sued again.... until bankrupt still wanna tok tok and wanna kanna sued again .... this is life ... sometimes some ppl got no motive at all, sometimes some ppl got their own motive .....:rolleyes: Many years later, it's their story. For you, probably you will never able to relate this experience (TFCD, modelshoots, etc) .

I think you got mixed up with TFCD (Time For CD), Model Shoot and Bikinis. They are not exclusively the same. For people photos, you need to have makeup and clothing and accessories. This is where the money goes into (Model/Organizer fee if model shoot). And TFCD or Model Shoot are not always bikini. This generalization is a bit insulting.

I shoot people like you shoot landscape. Its for our personal satisfaction and not meant to be used for anything (I'm assuming your landscape is a hobby, correct me if I'm wrong). I shoot 2nd. 3rd, 4th... until I am satisfied with my result (skin tone is a bit tricky). I'm sure you took sunset photos more than once as well. Some shoot spiders. Some shoot flowers. Its just a hobby.

I'm not really sure why you are asking this question or how can the answer be relevant to you but good luck in your quest for knowledge. ;)

Patryk said:

Dear Patryk,

I think you are refering those paid model shoot. (which might cost from $60 to $300)

"TFCD" - Time For CD is free. The model provide her time for you to shoot and you "pay" by buring photos to CD for her.

Well, I go for TFCD to prastice loh. I very shy , till now still can't shoot in front of model with confident. Have to prastice more, hope one day can be better mah ....

Regards :)

Just to answer the question of your thread title...

In one word...

"Fun"

who cares anyway... :bsmilie: everyone is entitled to do whatever they like...

then again, DCA answer is :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

DarkForce said:
Dear Patryk,

I think you are refering those paid model shoot. (which might cost from $60 to $300)

"TFCD" - Time For CD is free. The model provide her time for you to shoot and you "pay" by buring photos to CD for her.

Well, I go for TFCD to prastice loh. I very shy , till now still can't shoot in front of model with confident. Have to prastice more, hope one day can be better mah ....

Regards :)

i see your equipment i more shy... rather, i'll not take them out...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i see your equipment i more shy... rather, i'll not take them out...

Wau Piang.... Like that I also got suan by you :sticktong

the comment 'other than seeing girls in bikinis for half a day' was said more tongue-in-cheek.. and was not meant to insult or demean TFCD sessions. (was not sure of what it was in the first place).

it's true, your arguments that people involved in this kind of photography are just plain interested in it, just as others would be interested in landscape or nature photography while many others would question what draws them to that.

i probably asked because of the money factor..then again i spend money on jamming sessions and bowling, stuff that other people may think would result in useless outcomes. so i guess the answer is just that you guys like and enjoy it..and will be willing to spend money for that.

anyways, i was pretty bored at home so i went rambling away...thanks for reminding me that people have preferences, and to question that is probably fruitless.

on the subject of TFCD, what exactly differentiates TFCD sessions with normal Model shoots?

Sometimes, it is not the destination, but the journey itself that is enjoyable.

Same for all these shoots - the entire process of going for the shoot, the shooting itself and the post-processing are all part of the FUN. It's even more exhilarating to get fantastic results that is so satisfying.

Some attend courses to get the themselves properly equiped. Others learn thru' their mistakes and from friends. All part of the learning process.

TMC said:
You pay with photos and you pay with money.

Now that i've read other peoples replies..that's a very concise answer.. heh.. ;p

jOhO said:

sry, didn't know that thread is on the same lines as my questions were. of course no offence, but you could have just pasted link without the lecturing. anyways, thanks for pointing it out.

Patryk said:
on the subject of TFCD, what exactly differentiates TFCD sessions with normal Model shoots?

TFCD (Time for CD) is a modern version of TFP (Time for Print). Normally a professional photographer shoots photos that are assigned to him without any creative freedom on his part, sometime a model would like to expand / refresh her portfolio. In TFP, a photographer wants to do some personal projects for his portfolio/experimentation with less budget and finds a model who is willing to cover half the cost of makeup/clothes/free service (her time) for his photos (print). But now of course, it can also mean photographer who want experience shooting models who want experience. (I'm guilty of the 2nd line).

Model shoot. When I'm lazy to organize and coordinate with makeup artist, model, location, etc. And cost is also divided among other photographers. So I just show up, shoot a bit. Then go have lunch. Go home and review photos and delete if its crap. No need to worry giving some to the model and embarass myself further.

dawgbyte77 said:
TFCD (Time for CD) is a modern version of TFP (Time for Print). Normally a professional photographer shoots photos that are assigned to him without any creative freedom on his part, sometime a model would like to expand / refresh her portfolio. In TFP, a photographer wants to do some personal projects for his portfolio/experimentation with less budget and finds a model who is willing to cover half the cost of makeup/clothes/free service (her time) for his photos (print). But now of course, it can also mean photographer who want experience shooting models who want experience. (I'm guilty of the 2nd line).

Model shoot. When I'm lazy to organize and coordinate with makeup artist, model, location, etc. And cost is also divided among other photographers. So I just show up, shoot a bit. Then go have lunch. Go home and review photos and delete if its crap. No need to worry giving some to the model and embarass myself further.

Thanks alot..now i'm clear.. :thumbsup:

Patryk said:
sry, didn't know that thread is on the same lines as my questions were. of course no offence, but you could have just pasted link without the lecturing. anyways, thanks for pointing it out.
well this would be the lecture, not my previous post:

do a search.

:)

dawgbyte77 said:

Dear dawgbyte77

"Go home and review photos and delete if its crap. No need to worry giving some to the model and embarass myself further"

Just to share. I ever come across that during a paid model shoot, the organizer request photographers to burn CD for the model too which I don't really agreed with such arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.