Whats the typical insurance cost for Cat A car in Sg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
As above, can anyone give me an estimate as to how much motor insurance would be for a Cat A car per annum? Trying to calculate costs here :) Thanks

depends on ur age, profession, car age, vehicle type (2-door is more ex than 4-door) any NCB, insurance type (comprehensive or 3rd-party), and a helluva lot of other factors......new and young drivers of a 4-door saloon can be in the range of 1.5k~2.5k....
Gymrat76 said:
As above, can anyone give me an estimate as to how much motor insurance would be for a Cat A car per annum? Trying to calculate costs here :) Thanks

It really depends on your age and driving experience, and also diff category where the car is place, e.g. sedan, coupe, turbo.....

Best that you can do is get multi quotations from the insurance companies and choose one that suits your needs.

SHC (cheap), NTUC, AIG (expensive), .........

good hunting:)

another thing to note. cheap does not mean good. there are lots of stolies about drivers having difficulty in making claims in the shortest time possible....

Oh thanks! Wasn't aware that there were so many factors to consider when choosing insurance :sweat: Maybe I'll play it safe and put $2k/annum for calculation purposes... Man buying a car in Singapore is SOOOO complicated :embrass:

iF you've never owned a car, age about 30, but have license for a couple of years for a 2000 cc car would still be about 2K+......2nd year 1.5K...

Well, I'm Malaysian, aged 29. Have been driving for 11+ years and have owned cars, but not in Singapore... first car in Sg. Planning to get 1.5-1.6L car, 4-door sedan type.. how?

Gymrat76 said:
Well, I'm Malaysian, aged 29. Have been driving for 11+ years and have owned cars, but not in Singapore... first car in Sg. Planning to get 1.5-1.6L car, 4-door sedan type.. how?

Aiyah,..very simple la, just go around and find insurance companies to get quotation and check the pro and cons for each policy and then decide. Good luck.

If you planning to get new, you can check with the Sales exec to get a quote. Normally they try to tie you with the in-house insurance to qualify for some form of discount.

dreamseeker said:
If you planning to get new, you can check with the Sales exec to get a quote. Normally they try to tie you with the in-house insurance to qualify for some form of discount.

Normally the car sales guy will get a cut ......and in-house insurance normally more expensive...

OK thanks for the info guys :)

Gymrat76, Think of the S$$$$$ you will be investing in owning a car. Price of car, Road Tax, Insurance,Petrol ( going up & up ) car parking, ERP, Summons !, & after a few years, comes Inspections. Not forgetting Repairs after the 3rd year ( if you buy brand new car ). Your investments goes downhill every year.

Calculate the total cost of owning a car per annum :( Think of "How many prime lenses or zooms" you can buy with that cost per annum ;p

Sorry, :embrass: not discouraging you, just FYI.:)

BTW, I am a member of AAS , I have the Motoring magazine "The Highway", want the latest copy?,inside have prices of cars and I think all the info, its FREE for a good Nikon photographer.:thumbsup:

Haha, thanks James. But the car will be mainly used by my wife for work, not buying for pleasure. Would rather save the money and use it back in Malaysia, but what to do? :)

Thx for the offer, will check out the details from the car agent and from friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.