Whats the system you own for photogrpahy editing

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
I am using win 7 64 bit with 4 GB ram, installed with Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Lightroom 2.6, finding it rather slow when editing photo, processing from lightroom NEF to photoshop as Smart Obj.

Heard some saying Mac OS actually speed up the things in editing compare to windows.

what r you using?

I am using win 7 64 bit with 4 GB ram, installed with Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Lightroom 2.6, finding it rather slow when editing photo, processing from lightroom NEF to photoshop as Smart Obj.

Heard some saying Mac OS actually speed up the things in editing compare to windows.

what r you using?

You left out your processor.

Q9550 @ 4.2GHz + 8GB RAM + 64 Bit (Windows 7 + Lightroom + Photoshop CS4)

Pretty satisfied with it even now

haha just C2D E8200.
man.. sabee you got quad.. but if you say u have a slow processing too then I'm am really wondering..

using macbook pro (2.25ghz + 4G ram) along with Photoshop CS4 + DPP (came with canon) + IPhoto

my photoshop skills sucks... so usually i dun usually use it often except for cropping.

I use DPP to convert the raw files into jpg after adjusting the brightness.

Then use IPhoto to export out my photos into smaller size with borders + copyright before uploading to the web. :)

The only time I "wait" for Photoshop / Lightroom is when I'm stitching Panorama. I don't think any of my other actions have significant delays. CS4 is also video card accelerated so that might be a factor.

guess my system other than the killer cpu, rest actually regards as the above-average standard

depends on a few things.

the FSB of the system. the memory latency and speed of the ram. Especially how fast the hdd can read and write.

but i think the biggest cause is how efficient the CS4 code is written.

is your ram set 1:1 are among some of the hardware settings that need to be done.

Last edited:
depends on a few things.

the FSB of the system. the memory latency and speed of the ram. Especially how fast the hdd can read and write.

but i think the biggest cause is how efficient the CS4 code is written.

is your ram set 1:1 are among some of the hardware settings that need to be done.

haha its since some ages ago that I checked into my ram latency liao.. got them all when I haven even pick up my D90..

using i7 on my lappy, runs better than my previous core 2. Try to upgrade the processor. CS3 and even CS4 loves faster processing power from CPU.

Make sure u have a large sratch disk that is defragmented . I realised on desktop that having my PS run on SSD loads things much faster.

Here is a nice read link on optimising PS
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401088.html

ryan