What's the problem here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iltriumph

Feb 23, 2005
Saigon, Vietnam
www.vietnam720.com
Dear Guys,

What's the problem with the following pictures or with my camera?

3a.jpg
[/IMG]
2j.jpg

2b.jpg

2a.jpg

466.jpg

And for the last picture (with the pillow). it's dirty CCD right?

Thanks for your replies

are you using a prosumer cam,PnS or DSLR?
Lens flare in inevitable,same as shooting direct into sunlight.
Try putting on a lens hood or change the position of your lights.

Last pic is indeed dirty ccd,as you are using a higher f-stop,the spots will show up more clearly.

I think for the last one, most likely is the CCD. As for the others, might be due to dust on the lens. If you use smaller apertures, the dust will be more visible. If you use bigger apertures, it will not be so visible, or will not be seen. Just my opinion. :)

Just saw some flares in some of the photos too. Putting on a lens hood might do the trick, or don't shoot into the light. :) Correct me if I'm wrong.

1a1.jpg
[/IMG]

2g.jpg
[/IMG]

2h.jpg
[/IMG]

Guys, some more pictures to show. So it's just lens flare that u are thinking? And not something wrong with the camera?

do you have a filter on?

lens flare. you'll get that if you aim into a strong light source. Regardless of whether you're using a lens hood or not, you cannot prevent flare if you aim directly into a light source, the flare will show up in the darker regions.

Lens flare. Quite inevitable if you shoot into the light. Filters will make it worse. Lens hood can help reduce flare from light source from the side, but are useless for flares caused by light source you are shooting into.

What lens are you using? The flare is consider quite controlled already.

The only way to remove it is during post processing.

BC

i vote for lens flare as well

try another shot with the lights behind or at the side of the camera, pointing forward
the flare should no longer be there

The little light patches all over is contributed by the lens, but that consistent purple patch in the center could be a problem with your sensor. It seems to show up in the center whatever position the light source is in the picture.

What happened was that i got a friend to help clean the CCD and after taking a few test shots, realised the patch in the middle. So thinking maybe the CCD got screwed.

One more question:

I have a few dirt (abt 6 dots and 1 little hair) inside the viewfinder. Is it ok to have them? They don't seem to appear in the photo.

Thank you

What happened was that i got a friend to help clean the CCD and after taking a few test shots, realised the patch in the middle. So thinking maybe the CCD got screwed.

One more question:

I have a few dirt (abt 6 dots and 1 little hair) inside the viewfinder. Is it ok to have them? They don't seem to appear in the photo.

Thank you

I think it should not be the sensor. Test shoot on a blank surface without the glaring light source to confirm.

It really looks like lens flare in all the photos you posted.

If you look at how SLR work, the viewfinder is not in the image path to the sensor, therefore, dust in the viewfinder will never be captured in the image.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.