Whats the prefer RH for my D80 in dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven 8

Aug 16, 2007
Hi all,

Bought a Digi Cabi 30 L to store my D80 and some lenses. Just wanna ask whats the prefer RH for such storage. In was said between RH 55% - RH45% in the booket that came wit purchase. The seller said is between RH50% to RH70%.. Er what abt you?

Thanks

Hi all,

Bought a Digi Cabi 30 L to store my D80 and some lenses. Just wanna ask whats the prefer RH for such storage. In was said between RH 55% - RH45% in the booket that came wit purchase. The seller said is between RH50% to RH70%.. Er what abt you?

Thanks

70%!!! its same as putting on the table already...

i got a RH meter measuring my room...most of the time its at 75%~85%

Keep it below 60%RH. My setting is in between 40~50%RH.

BC

guess what?when i pop in a humidity reader i bought from DIY shop, it shows 40%.
on my dricabi professional readout it shows 49%.

so which one do i follow?:dunno:

guess what?when i pop in a humidity reader i bought from DIY shop, it shows 40%.
on my dricabi professional readout it shows 49%.

so which one do i follow?:dunno:

You want to send them to my company for calibration? :bsmilie:

No need to be so precise lah. As long as it is below 60%RH, it should slow/inhibit fugus growth.

BC

ard 55% will be fine.

I do the same by having a DIY hygrometer in the cabi to 'cross-check'.

From observation, because the cabi dehumidifier motor is located say near the top, if the hygrometer is placed near the top too, the reading is very near if not the same. If place the hygrometer at the bottom shelf, the RH reading will be higher => moisture absorbance is slower at the bottom shelf, 'cos further away from the dehumidifier.

So I usually place the camera and lenses at/near the upper shelf, and other items such as lens cleaning accessories etc below.

You want to send them to my company for calibration? :bsmilie:

No need to be so precise lah. As long as it is below 60%RH, it should slow/inhibit fugus growth.

BC

too low and the grease dry up.isnt it?:dunno:

Typically, you may expect ±10% variation. So if you have your RH in the range of 40~50% range, should be quite safe.

BC

If the RH is below 30% you have a cause for worry. The SWM may choose to stop functioning the next time you bring your lens out of the cabinet. Also, the lubricating grease around the zoom rings of some lenses (such as 18-200) may dry up, leading to zoom creep.

hi bros,

Well i guese whatever it is the dry cabinet is just guessing too.... Its never definite.... so its like trial & error.....

Mine fluctuates about 46-48%. Think that's the recommended range and most common range by most CSers

Hi all,

Thanks

50-60 for me

Stick to a value below 50%... and this is not a topic related to just Nikon.

Please use the correct sub-forum in future... ;)

My digicabi is showing 48% with the knob turned all the way to the left...hope its fine...i mean the digicabi.

48% seems to be the highest % for my digicabi :dunno:

My digicabi is showing 48% with the knob turned all the way to the left...hope its fine...i mean the digicabi.

48% seems to be the highest % for my digicabi :dunno:

You mean the lowest? ;)

My digital meter is 45% while my analog one shows 55% ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.