What's the most dreaded ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauLEE

Jun 8, 2003
North-East
Visit site
I am very sure that many photog (esp newbies) feared to be in certain situations, such as taking pics in a moving cars, when it's too dark, or too bright, when it's too crowded, etc....
For me, i always have problem when taking pics in small outdoor tents, when it's dark inside and very bright outside, those when you have to stand in the sun and the model/car/etc. is inside the shade, and the background is also very bright. i dread.....
For old birdies & newbies, what do you fear?

when i arrive late and cannot find a good angle and when i run low on ammo

When people ask me why I do this and not do that and give me the evil eye when I dont do it their way.

being in the right place, at the right time .... but no camera with you?? seeing a photographic moment materialise right before your eyes, then disappear into the depths of your mind, gone forever. mmm..does that count?? :p

Worst fears I've encountered in no particular order:

Photographing in an area with active snipers.

Out of control rioters with petrol bombs facing tanks and armed police.

Being caught between a mother bear and cub.

Waking up to find fresh saltwater crock tracks (big croc) outside your tent and you are a mile from the nearest water.

Having a lion take an interest in the hide your using.

Shooting from the top of rock crusher towers while the damn things working.

Photographing 'moving wall' underground mining equipment in action.

LOW BATT
And u forgot ur spare batt.
Chinatown aunties
Chinatown uncles
With Brooms

Taking pictures at an event where the Guest of Honour (GOH) is more interested in your cam and eqpt than his duties - and u spend yr time telling the GOH not to point at the cam but to just shake hands with the people and give out prizes.

my most dreaded moment is when i feel i cannot communicate with my subjects.

important picture corrupted

miss the moment

sick on the job

have the runs :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.