Whats the largest carry on camera bag/backpack permissible for budget airlines?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Anyone care to share experience?

Then to be exact...does anyone have issue with Pelican 1510 even if below the weight limit. It does look quite intimidating and large even if within the size constraints.

Then to be exact...does anyone have issue with Pelican 1510 even if below the weight limit. It does look quite intimidating and large even if within the size constraints.

It's designed to be within the carry-on size rules. If anyone ever says it's too big, you need to check in, you can always use the handy metal frames that they have everywhere in the airports and prove it's carry-on size.

Please know that laptop can be considered a personal item. So if you have a small slim laptop bag, it will not be considered part of hand carry weight or dimensions.

Please know that laptop can be considered a personal item. So if you have a small slim laptop bag, it will not be considered part of hand carry weight or dimensions.

Not with SQ, but some budget airlines WILL consider it a personal bag! I've has those experiences with Jetstar before.

Thanks. Looks like everything is decided.

Had no problem with the 1510 during my flights on both Jetstar and Airasia.. ;)

Not with SQ, but some budget airlines WILL consider it a personal bag! I've has those experiences with Jetstar before.

Actually, that is clearly specified with SQ. I have done it on SQ multiple times.
And most budget airlines allows laptop as personal item. Done it always with Tiger, Jetstar and Airasia.