What's the difference between the Nikon F80 and the F80S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochkoh

Feb 8, 2002
Under your skin
Visit site
As titled.

The F80S aparently allows information such as shutter speed and aperture setting to be coded into the film/slide. How does this work?

And more importantly, is it worth the extra $$ spent. I believe you pay a premium of >$200 for this feature.

regards,
rOCh

Originally posted by rochkoh
As titled.

The F80S aparently allows information such as shutter speed and aperture setting to be coded into the film/slide. How does this work?

And more importantly, is it worth the extra $$ spent. I believe you pay a premium of >$200 for this feature.

regards,
rOCh

It's printed in between frames i think and also wondering worth to spend another $200 more on it too! :)

Saw the S version in Hong Kong for HK$3040 - that's around S$730. Held it in my hands, fixed my Sigma APO Macro on it, zoomed it around a little, gave it back to the shopkeeper. No $$.

:cry:

The non-S version is going for HK$2400 - $572.

It's (F80S) selling in Singapore for close to S$1000. (The F80 is going for S$780) *yikes*. Should have brought a couple back to sell. hahaa..

As titled.

For beginner like me, I find it very worth to have exposure data printed in between the film. This helps very much in learning why my photo is under or over exposed.

Do remind that the back of F80 is not changeable, thus when you buy F80D over F80S, you can't change the back to get the S feature.

No...I don't have either camera...

Saw the S version in Hong Kong for HK$3040 - that's around S$730. Held it in my hands, fixed my Sigma APO Macro on it, zoomed it around a little, gave it back to the shopkeeper. No $$.

:cry:

The non-S version is going for HK$2400 - $572.

It's (F80S) selling in Singapore for close to S$1000. (The F80 is going for S$780) *yikes*. Should have brought a couple back to sell. hahaa..

Which shop in HK did you go to?
as I'm going to HK soon,might be interested in getting one
... very cheap compared to SG.;p

Originally posted by scanner

Which shop in HK did you go to?
as I'm going to HK soon,might be interested in getting one
... very cheap compared to SG.;p

yup yup! here's a post http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2021
contributed by Ninja.

very tempted to ask you to buy the F80S for me!! hahaa..

Yo thanks!, BTW which shop did U go to that quote U around SG$700++ ?;p

Most of the shops around MongKok is quoting around that price. Just come out from the MTR station and there shops both on the left and right.

Just avoid Nathan Road.

Originally posted by Keito

upgrading ? :D

feel like leh.. *rubbing hands* ;p

temptation's very strong! i'm using the F65 now. Doesn't have any ISO settings, nor does it have the ability to code aperture and shutter speed settings on your shots.

perhaps i should take more shots and fully utilize my existing camera first.. :(

feel like leh.. *rubbing hands* ;p

temptation's very strong! i'm using the F65 now. Doesn't have any ISO settings, nor does it have the ability to code aperture and shutter speed settings on your shots.

perhaps i should take more shots and fully utilize my existing camera first.. :(

Me too...:embrass:

Most of the shops around MongKok is quoting around that price. Just come out from the MTR station and there shops both on the left and right.

Just avoid Nathan Road.

Just a matter of concern, do they come with any international warrenty?
;p

BTW, any idea about lens and accessories price?

Hmm...need to gather as much resources $$$ for this buying Spree! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by zhapchit
which other Nikons have that function?

Eg. F5, F100, F80, F65, etc....., but definitely not the F55! ;)

Eg. F5, F100, F80, F65, etc....., but definitely not the F55! ;)

errr.. don't think the F65 has the ability to code shutter speed and aperture settings into the film. I own an F65 and have never come across such a function. It also doesn't have the ability to select ISO.

The normal F80 has the ability to set ISO but not code picture settings onto the film.

errr.. don't think the F65 has the ability to code shutter speed and aperture settings into the film. I own an F65 and have never come across such a function. It also doesn't have the ability to select ISO.

The normal F80 has the ability to set ISO but not code picture settings onto the film.

Yup! U R right. My mistake. :D

Yup! U R right. My mistake. :D

No worries mate. :)

Still considering the F80S.. but it's S$1000. I could get a second hand F90X for that price.
Save a little more and i could afford a F100. *sigh*..

No worries mate. :)

Still considering the F80S.. but it's S$1000. I could get a second hand F90X for that price.
Save a little more and i could afford a F100. *sigh*..

Yes! Today or rather yesterday just came back from HongKong, finally bought F80S for HK$3080 = S$730!!!! Cheap! Cheap!
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.