What's the difference between the FM2 and the FM2n?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochkoh

Feb 8, 2002
Under your skin
Visit site

There seems to be several versions of the FM2n. One with a Honeycomb-Pattern Titanium Shutter, and another with a 1/250 sync speed etc..

Hi Rochkoh,

Checkout this website to know more about Nikon FM Series Cameras :light:

Modern Classic SLRs Series : Nikon FM Series

fm2ttopview85mm.jpg

Cheers! ;)

AFAIK all FM2Ns can sync at 1/250s and the FM2 at 1/200s.

Originally posted by rochkoh

There seems to be several versions of the FM2n. One with a Honeycomb-Pattern Titanium Shutter, and another with a 1/250 sync speed etc..

U ask a question that you already knew the answer?:what:

Originally posted by Kho King

U ask a question that you already knew the answer?:what:

Haha.. was trying to find out more about about the various varieties of this infamous camera and what's making this such a collectable. A challenging camera to master. Yet once mastered, almost unparalleled.

The links that extreme2 provided were extremely :D useful. Thanks mate.

Haha.. was trying to find out more about about the various varieties of this infamous camera and what's making this such a collectable. A challenging camera to master. Yet once mastered, almost unparalleled.

infamous? Haha...it is way too famous that it is even older than the F3hp. I have one...it is a very very good camera to own...the FM3A is even better...after FM2 users cried so long and so loud...then only Nikon comes out with a FM3A...after 20+ years?

No problem pal. ;) Good things must share. :D

Originally posted by Kho King

infamous? Haha...it is way too famous that it is even older than the F3hp. I have one...it is a very very good camera to own...the FM3A is even better...after FM2 users cried so long and so loud...then only Nikon comes out with a FM3A...after 20+ years?

The first Nikon AE camera is the FE, introduced in 1978. After 24 years did Leica come up with an AE body, the M7. Or about 1-2 years later than FM3A if you want to compare bodies that can operate without batteries. :)

Regards
CK

The M7 only has 2 dead battery speeds, compared to the FM3A's full manual backup.

yeah...the FE dies with the battery. FM3A, the one and only camera that I have known upto date that have both electronic control and mechanical shutter speed. When battery die, all the shutter speed still functional. Nikon has this technology in hand now...I hope they can incorporate it into the high end model...F6? It would be a shame if those professional bodies become a junk when battery die (in the field...). F5 with the electronic control and mechanical shutter would be perfect!

What's the '2 dead battery speeds' for?

It means when the battery dies, it still have two mechanical back up shutter speed you can use. If I am not mistaken, it is something 1/60s and 1/90s?

Anyone know how much the

FM2
FM2n
FM3A

cost? Know that only the FM3A's still in production. But i think i've seen 2nd hand FM2s on sale somewhere.

Me looking for a good reliable back-up body, but don't want to spend too much on one. (typical S'porean).

Status
Not open for further replies.