What's the difference between a professional photographer and full-time photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Was just wondering. Hehe :)

full-time = pro

pro doesnt' have to mean full time...

;)

ah ... Nice way of putting it.

What's the difference between a professional photographer and full-time photographer?

Anyone who owns a DSLR can called himself Professional Photographer.

But to shoot full-time not everybody can afford to do one. How the food is going to appear on the table? Falling from the roof? :bsmilie:

A "Pro Photographer" refers to a person who deliver what he has had promised, within the given terms & conditions, and time-frame. His main source of income or revenue may not be solely generated from his photography services and trade. He could be a Full-time Career Photographer, or an Independent Part-time Freelancer.

A "Full-timer Photographer" refers to a person whose majority of his income or revenue derived from his photography services and trading. Basically, he could be an employee or sub-contractor of a registered photo company, or a self-employed ( eg. owner of his own shop or independent full-time Freelancer ).

Hope the helps.

A pro photogy works less but got bigger pay-checks! :think:

There's a general mis-conception regarding what a "Pro" photog ...

I believe a "Pro" is someone who delivers what he has had promised. It is NOT about owning Professional equipments and gears ( although having such is a minimising risk factor in business sense ).

. ..
The below quote was taken from my website :

"Professionalism is an attitude toward customer service, truthful,

reliability, performance and production consistency.

It is not about high quality or beautiful Pictures and images

( because this is already expected of you, in the first place

in the professional realm ).

It is neither about owning the world greatest Cameras, exotic lenses,

or even a posh studio or shop-front.

However, i believed One of the most important aspects

to becoming a Professional Wedding Photographer is -- Humility."

-- NickGoh, 2004​

Canonised said:

A pro photogy works less but got bigger pay-checks! :think:

Now you are talking sense......!!!!

i would say professional as in attitude.... full time as part of a main job that provides lifelihood...

at the end of the day... its just a name people give themselves, or terms other ppl bestown upon you man (hopefully this is the case instead)....

forget the terminology and make the images count....

Pro got real pro & not so real Pro...

Real Pro, buy real PRO stuff... like the advertisement for Canon cams, PROFESSIONAL CAM, 1DsMkII etc... then really shoot whats worth the money...

not so Real Pro, buy real PRO stuff, but never deliver... hahah...

Full time photographer... as u say it, its not part time, then its full time lor... so they just take camera whole day... then take pics here & there... full time photographer, sometimes deliver, sometimes... well... don't...

Pro Image said:
Now you are talking sense......!!!!
knn .... thought i have been talking sense ....haha :bsmilie:
that one i was talking nonsense la. .......

ok, here is the serious defination of what is a Pro photogy .......a pro photogy is someone who has a nick like ..."pro-image" or "pro-pro", etc... and who can go around poking others backside and can get away with it ....:devil: that's a real pro ....

Professional = Making a living out of the area of speciality skill.

There are Educational Professionals, IT Professionals, Professional Photographers, Professional Videographers, Design Professionals.

There isn't a diff.

Canonised said:
knn .... thought i have been talking sense ....haha :bsmilie:
that one i was talking nonsense la. .......

ok, here is the serious defination of what is a Pro photogy .......a pro photogy is someone who has a nick like ..."pro-image" or "pro-pro", etc... and who can go around poking others backside and can get away with it ....:devil: that's a real pro ....

Makes perfect sense.......sometimes must poke poke to make people confuse.

I love to make people confuse at times.........especially those who tried to suan me......technically.

either term is meaningless nowadays.. i kinda find myself squirming when people ask 'are you a professional photographer?'
it's like there's an unpleasent stigma attached to those terms now.

Clown said:
either term is meaningless nowadays.. i kinda find myself squirming when people ask 'are you a professional photographer?'
it's like there's an unpleasent stigma attached to those terms now.

If they ask you again, just say......no lar not pro.....only shoot for fun!:bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
so who's skill is better? pro photog vs full time photog? :devil:

u use d2, u must be the best.:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

smurfman said:
u use d2, u must be the best :
:sweat: :bigeyes:

i am not lah. haha. people must be laughing on the floor if i am the best :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.