Whats the Difference between a good and bad tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Galaa

Is there any diff? I saw some Tripods going for $40, and some going for $400!!!
Wow!

Already spend so much money this month on cams stuffs...camera,lens, memory card, PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS+Magazines(all so expensive), batteries and the super expensive Olympus charger... if i buy another $400 thingy I'll die :(

Will a $40 small tripod be good enough to be used for nightshots?

Originally posted by Galaa
Is there any diff? I saw some Tripods going for $40, and some going for $400!!!
Wow!

Already spend so much money this month on cams stuffs...camera,lens, memory card, PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS+Magazines(all so expensive), batteries and the super expensive Olympus charger... if i buy another $400 thingy I'll die :(

Will a $40 small tripod be good enough to be used for nightshots?

A lot of differences:

1. The more expensive ones are more sturdy and stable, won't topple easily.
2. The expensive ones have features such as being able to spread out the legs for low angle shots.
3. The expensive ones are more well built, not plasticky. The cheapo ones has a lot of plastic parts.
4. Carbon fibre ones (most expensive) are light and sturdy, yet has a very good height.

Regards
CK

i saw a really cheap tripod in indnesia costs around 10 dollars or so... nice and compact.. like aorudn 20cm or so, extends all the way to one meter high... it cnat even stay still... if it's just better built...

I think also depend on what camera u r using .... if you are using camera < $600 , I do not think you wanna spend a tripod that cost > $100 ...

There are many factors of getting a good tripod for your camera . Just tell us what camera you are using and we maybe can recommend 1 for you ..
:)

Originally posted by megaweb
I think also depend on what camera u r using .... if you are using camera < $600 , I do not think you wanna spend a tripod that cost > $100 ...

There are many factors of getting a good tripod for your camera . Just tell us what camera you are using and we maybe can recommend 1 for you ..
I'm using Canon EOS 500N. See my other thread here

how do i put it .
i used to believe that good thing come with a price , but after a while i find that . basic is cool . you can away put your weight on the wall and you can have a steady shot of as slow as 1/8
or hold your breath while firming your arm maybe 1/15 of a sec .

is as simple as why you buy a prada . when a panda brand carry the same task . is the feel good factor . i suggest you ask yourself .
do i need the item . why am i buying the item for.
i use a simple mono-pod . i raely use it really .
unless you talking abt profession who is using those huge monster cam .
the shed weight of it it killing them . so there use a tripod to support the weight as well as getting steady shot . at the end of the day .
the lousiest tripod and the best tripod had only that thin fine line .

all the best .

Let me put it this way. It is almost impossible to keep my D30 level with the horizon on my $50 Slik tripod because the camera is too heavy (it comes with a hinge at the side so that you can do portrait orientation). It keeps tilting about 2-3 degrees off horizontal. I don't have any expensive tripod to compare with, but I imagine the problem will not be there.

Stability wise, I read that one famous nature photographer ties a sandbag to her lightweight tripod to stabilize it. It's easier to carry a lightweight tripod and an empty bag than it is to carry a heavy tripod. You just fill the bag up with sand wherever you are.

Originally posted by megaweb

Okay. I've the oly 2020, should be the same as teh oly 2040. What tripod would you recommend? Preferably below $50 please.

Cheers

Originally posted by Sphoenix

Okay. I've the oly 2020, should be the same as teh oly 2040. What tripod would you recommend? Preferably below $50 please.

Cheers

try SLIK U6600 ... i think it is abt $40-$50 .. small and light

Hai even if no tripod
use stone also can
or just find anything to put ur camera on
this ia what i do during my holidays
Stone, Bridge, staircase .... anything within my reach goes

Sometimes tripod also very troublesome cos last yr i saw this guy holding a tripod for the first few days and aft that dunno where he put it liao
Guess what lens he is using... 35-80 (hopeless if u cannot hold a 35-80 without shaking)haha
But anyway heard that manfrotto tripod is the best

How mush for a Manfrotto tripod at least (i will also 1 the head and legs):D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.