What's the diff btw Sony/Sanyo/Gp batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconova

Apr 19, 2004
Thinking of getting a charger, what's the diff btw the brands.
can i use a sony charger to charge a sanyo batt? :dunno:

Eh.. sony is actually using sanyo OEMs so they are actually the same (from what i've heard at least). Not very sure about GP tho. But so far, sanyo seems very good. Reliable and affordable.

Yes. you can. I'm charging my sanyo 2300 batts with my sony 1hr charger (it will take longer with higher power batteries like the 2300s tho).

I think its good to get those chargers with refresh functions.. I uses an external flash, and most times, I can't deplete the batteries completely. Think there is a memory effect if its not completely drained before charging again. I usually end up depleting the batteries by putting it in my discman and using it till the power drains totally..

but sanyo is good.. i have 3 sets of sanyo 2300mAH batteries and are very happy with them..

I've heard and read (cannot recall source at the moment) that Ni-MH batteries do not have memory effect, only Ni-Cd. In fact refreshing Ni-MH batteries does nothing more than reduce the number of charging cycles for those batteries.

Normally how many shots can a 2300mh batt take?
I just bought a digital cam...

synapseman: you are right.. did a search on google and realised that ni-mh doesn't have memory effect...

reconova: dun really know, cos my digicam uses lithium-ion.. but i dun have good experience with digicams that use ni-mh.. borrowed a fren's fuji digicam, and got only 5 shots before the low batt indicator came on! and this was on 2 sets of fully-charged 2300mah batteries..

Status
Not open for further replies.