what's the best tripod for travel photography ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

What are your views on the best tripod to buy for me to lug around on a trip to Italy ?

Obvious considerations being that it should be light-weight and portable.

I've no idea how much tripods cost, but let's say the budget is for something less than S$100.

I'm intending to use it with the F717 that I'm intending to buy on my next trip to Singapore (yeah ... I know, a lot of intentions there ! But I'm just planning ahead). :)

thanks !

senhwei

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
if you are reading this reply, you should able to see the search button(top page , right corner). Click on it, then type "tripod" on the search by keywprd. Finally, scroll down and click on Perform Search tab.

Hope this help.

M

Midnight

Originally posted by senhwei
I've no idea how much tripods cost, but let's say the budget is for something less than S$100.
If you intend to stay within your budget, the Slik U8000 and U9000 are pretty well-constructed tripods despite their lightness. The U8000 should cost about $55 or so, and the U9000 a bit more than that.

If you're willing to spend much more, though, you'll undoubtedly hear recommendations for the Manfrotto 190 legset + 141RC head (or 352RC if you prefer ballheads). It's a nice and not particularly heavy setup that will probably last a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom