What's the best price for *ist DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMkeatz

Dec 9, 2004
SG-West
Any ideas where to get best price for the *ist DS? Sitex was $1699 (includes 18-45 mm kit lens). Paris Silk quoted $1650 (w/o GST) for body only. :dunno:

If you're going to HK (or know anyone who is going), its now available at around HK$6980 with kit lens and HK$6280 for just body only. That's around SGD 1330 for body only.

From what i've heard, its slightly cheaper in Japan.

Heretix said:
If you're going to HK (or know anyone who is going), its now available at around HK$6980 with kit lens and HK$6280 for just body only. That's around SGD 1330 for body only.

From what i've heard, its slightly cheaper in Japan.

If u book jetstar, u can probably get the DS and a weekend trip for the price of one in SG :devil:

That's a great idea actually. Have I not already booked my ticket with that ValuAir (don't even get me started on their service...), I would have just flown via Jetstar.

Let's see..

1330 (*istDS body) + 48 + 48 (flying to and from HK) = 1426

That's a $224 saving from the .sg price, discounting the airport taxes, and whatever you're going to spend in HK.

If only Jetstar flew to Japan...

Heretix said:
That's a great idea actually. Have I not already booked my ticket with that ValuAir (don't even get me started on their service...), I would have just flown via Jetstar.

Let's see..

1330 (*istDS body) + 48 + 48 (flying to and from HK) = 1426

That's a $224 saving from the .sg price, discounting the airport taxes, and whatever you're going to spend in HK.

If only Jetstar flew to Japan...
more like 48 to and 129 back for HK. Hows valuair service? I booked my ticket last month, kinda pissed off at the late announcement of jetstar.....

xdivider said:
Hows valuair service? I booked my ticket last month, kinda pissed off at the late announcement of jetstar.....

I'll just say that there's PLENTY of room for improvement.

Yeah, i'm kinda pissed at Jetstar's late announcement too. If they had gave some kind of "early warning", I would have held off booking with ValuAir.

Some carrier really should start flights to Japan, I think there are plenty of .sg'eans that will be interested in budget flights to that country (any budget carrier listening? Hello?).

I'm not so much interested in best price as much as which shop I can pay by instalments. Bear in mind that I don't have a credit card. Anyone?

me too!!! I actually managed to "get" $44 for both legs for Jetstar's flight to HK but already booked my Valueair flight :(

pscion12 said:
I'm not so much interested in best price as much as which shop I can pay by instalments. Bear in mind that I don't have a credit card. Anyone?

yes there are.... but u will be paying a premium for the installment interest...

i suggest u get help from friends or family whoever got CC :D...CC is intereest free btw.... just pay 3-5% more on the market rate

cheers!

Nah...I don't want to bother my friend. If anyhting goes wrong, at least it'll just affect me.

kegler said:
yes there are.... but u will be paying a premium for the installment interest...

Any clues?

pscion12 said:
Nah...I don't want to bother my friend. If anyhting goes wrong, at least it'll just affect me.

:bsmilie: Lucky I am not your 'friend'... but I did help my friend to purchase a laptop using DBS cashline for 24mth installment. He only pay me the mthly installment but ends up I have to pay additional 2 year annual fees :cry:

pscion12 said:
Any clues?

SAFE superstore still have

courts,best Denki and harvey im not too sure r they still in contact with hitachi....if i never remember wrongly the interest is 5-6% but that was like 3yrs back.....paiseh.....old info....last time i sell notebooks at SLS....they also using hitachi....

Spyer2 said:
:bsmilie: Lucky I am not your 'friend'... but I did help my friend to purchase a laptop using DBS cashline for 24mth installment. He only pay me the mthly installment but ends up I have to pay additional 2 year annual fees :cry:

i suppose u mean me.... :bsmilie: i know its a bad suggestion for his friends... but im most willing to help any of my friend if they need my CC :D

kegler said:

i suggest u get help from friends or family whoever got CC :D...CC is intereest free btw.... just pay 3-5% more on the market rate

cheers!

no not really.. free interest only on the first 12 months of installments. After that you have to pay interests. I work with a CC bank before.. :D

then again, have to see which CC you use. I don't know all the market rates

yanyewkay said:
no not really.. free interest only on the first 12 months of installments. After that you have to pay interests. I work with a CC bank before.. :D

then again, have to see which CC you use. I don't know all the market rates

what i meant was not bank charge u the 3-5%....its the shop u buy from.... because most of the shops in SLS or peninsular quotes price for CASH terms only...

Cheers!

So des ne?.....Danke danke! :)

I forgot to add.... I went to Alan Photo on Friday, they were quoting $1690 for both the Pentax *ist DS and kit lens. I wanted to get it but they wanted CC. Oh and they don't have the 16~45mm lens though.

today went to SLS to walk walk and see see. Alan Photo quote me istDS with lens $1560 with GST but did not ask the saleman name, maybe could bargain some more hahahaha.

Maybe its for cash payment. For the price quoted, I asked whether can pay it in instalments. He said it was 6% + gst.

Hi all,

im new to photography and all that and i was just wondering if anybody knows whats the latest price for the *istds? Im getting this as my beginner dslr and im very new and i wanna learn. I dun have cc, onli debitcard so any places that have alternative forms of installment will be very much appreciated. Just wondering what lenses they stock with the body cuz i read that in aus they dun bundle the kit lenses with the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.