What's the best Point & Shoot Compacts for less than S$400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

look4raymond

Oct 30, 2006
My friend who just had a newborn son asked me to recommend a good compacts for him.
Budget not more than S$400.

I was thinking of recommending him one of the Nikon Coolpix or Canon Powershot compacts.

Any idea? :dunno:

Canon Powershot A530!

Best value camera, has all the features of the lower end, with a low end price, and allows you a modicum of manual control! :thumbsup:

Canon Powershot A530!

Best value camera, has all the features of the lower end, with a low end price, and allows you a modicum of manual control! :thumbsup:

Does the cam have good "auto" mode too? My fren not the manual type, me thinks.

I would like to recommend him something that can produce great & sharp images for the price.

Thanks for recommendation! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Ps: Has anyone realize all our 'signature' has disappeared? Or izit just me? :think: ]

Does the cam have good "auto" mode too? My fren not the manual type, me thinks.

I would like to recommend him something that can produce great & sharp images for the price.

Thanks for recommendation! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Ps: Has anyone realize all our 'signature' has disappeared? Or izit just me? :think: ]
F20?
:dunno:

Canon Powershot A540 and above.

After much reading at dpreview, i gather that the Fujifilm 'F' series are the best in producing great images.

I think i will recommend F20 or F30 to my friend. For F30, US websites are selling at USD279, which translates to SGD446.

Do u guys know which shop sell the F20/30 cheapest? :dunno: Mustafa?

Status
Not open for further replies.