What's the best/better in printing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey91

Jan 1, 2006
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
hi, guy, i'm using D50, n try to use RAW to capture pics...
i export my RAW pics to JPEG.. some pics are blur when i print out, but at pc the pics are not blur..:what:
any body can tell me wat ur setting?? wat size i need to choose,or i direct gv the photoshop the RAW format pics n will print it out n clear n beauty??:embrass:
or ur got change the RAW to wat JPEG size...

Did you view at 100% in ps?

joey91 said:
i export my RAW pics to JPEG.. some pics are blur when i print out, but at pc the pics are not blur..:what:
any body can tell me wat ur setting?? wat size i need to choose,or i direct gv the photoshop the RAW format pics n will print it out n clear n beauty??:embrass:
or ur got change the RAW to wat JPEG size...

Should go for Jpeg low compression which means bigger file size. Why not show us the pics.

hotgraphy said:

sorry,i dun understand ur mean..:embrass:
also i dun use PS cos i dunno to use:embrass:

can u tell me again n clear?? thanks!!

You can take some Photoshop course... one or two lesson.. at least you will have some basic..

Or may be to find some one that have time to teach you..

joey91 said:
i think all is RAW convert to JPEG 680x48...

If 680x480 pixel, that is very small at 72dpi and about 4R at 300dpi. One can hardly judge from a monitor the sharpness unless viewing at actual pixels or 100% which mean the actual physical size of the image.

so normally wat size ur export?? or urs dun export to JPEG, just direct gv the RAW pics to photoshop n print??:embrass: :embrass:

You can't print RAW images directly even from photoshop. Although PS allows you to edit RAW files directly, behind the scenes its still processed to another format when its imported.

There are various reasons why your print didn't come out as expected:

1) You didn't sharpen enough. In my opinion, based on the shots you posted up, there isn't enough sharpening. It may look fine on screen, but remember that ink on paper bleeds. Your images could do with a lot more sharpening...

2) You didn't change the resolution of the image prior to printing. Digicams capture images at 72 dpi. You need to change this to around 300 dpi prior to printing. If you didn't there's a good chance you may have printed at 72 dpi depending on how you handled the shots. Some people accidentally resize to a smaller image with a rez of 72 as they left the resample option checked.

blive said:
do you need to shoot in RAW for the images you are printing?

No... up to the individual what file format he likes.

hotgraphy said:

hmmm... I think most likely our friend here view the pics at 33% and it looks sharp.... then send to printer.... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.