What's that show on National Geographic channel yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Yesterday, around 830pm.... follows 2 photojournalist who where coverin the war in Afghanistan.... quite interesting show....

They were right among the resistance fighters, fighting against the Talibans... Literally on the front lines with shells falling.

The guy uses a EOS1 series with a 70-200 IS L. But most of the time he is using what looks like a Leica rangefinder... (who can identify that cam?)
;p

Thought I'd share it over here and hope for a re-run....

Zplus said:
Yesterday, around 830pm.... follows 2 photojournalist who where coverin the war in Afghanistan.... quite interesting show....

They were right among the resistance fighters, fighting against the Talibans... Literally on the front lines with shells falling.

The guy uses a EOS1 series with a 70-200 IS L. But most of the time he is using what looks like a Leica rangefinder... (who can identify that cam?)
;p

Thought I'd share it over here and hope for a re-run....

i watched that twice. the old man was using a EOS 1V. and yah.. he was using a Leica. i think it was a M series if i am not wrong, or is there a M series by the way ?? Leica pros.. got M series ma ?? :dunno:

theres a Nikon F90x / F5 in the picture too... did u spot it ?? lol...

but the young man was shot in the action at the ending part. sadly he passed away rite ??

:cry:

but that show is definately nice, theres another one featuring a woman travelling in india and parkistan... very nice too, she was using a EOS 5 with some i think it was a 400 or 600mm L lens... very nice too..

Was watching wild discovery this afternoon. (1300 to 1400) What a nice place for taking photos. Too bad poor else will be equip with camera n lens to those places.

I think it's must be NGS's Iranian born photographer Reza Deeghati

7b7964rezafichap.jpg

oeyvind said:
I think it's must be NGS's Iranian born photographer Reza Deeghati

7b7964rezafichap.jpg

he has 2 daughters and a 1 very young wife. drives a rather big car and a lives in a rather big house.. :bsmilie:

and i find his pictures very motivating...

the woman one on the parkistani border one ?? gt the pic ?

glennyong, darn! Twice already... hope there's a rerun... I didn't finish it coz the rest wanted to watch channel 8... :eek:

Nope, didn't see the nikon... will look out for it... only spotted the EOS 1V, 70-200L, the 24-70L and the Leica... which he seems to be very fond of using. Yeah, I saw that 16 year old boy that died from injuries in the tent...

When is the one with the woman in pakistan showing? Gotta make an effort to watch that too.

he has 2 daughters and a 1 very young wife. drives a rather big car and a lives in a rather big house..
Considering the kindod risk they go thro to bring in the shots... think the rewards are reasonable...

oeyvind, yes! I think that's him. Thks! :)

It's a very nice documentary, it's definitely filmed before 2001 as Massoud aka Lion of Panjshir was still alive then (He got killed 2 days before 911)

Status
Not open for further replies.