Whats that on my lens??!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ombre

Sep 3, 2008
Can someone help me check what's that on my lens? (black spots at the top left and right) Never realized it was there, doesn't show on any of my other pics except this, my guess is because I stopped down to F22.

Is it dust or is it fungus or...? UFO?

Not sure if its very clear in the low-res.

If you wanna C&C the picture, go ahead too, I could use some tips. Lens is a 20mm F1.8 Sigma

dustor.jpg

Dust on lens is usually not an issue. My bet is that its on the sensor. You might wanna change lens and see if you get the same spots.

yep, pretty sure it's just dust, not fungus or whatnot :)

Try lightly blowing a few jets of air down the sensor to dislodge it. If that doesn't work, send for cleaning ;)

oh and C&C?too much 'boring grey-blue' sky :think: You could have put the sun higher up in the frame?

Last edited:
You have answered your own question. :)
Time to clean your lens.

It's dust on your lens, btw.

It's dust on the sensor. That is most likely. Dust on the lens will only appear if it is very near or on the rear element.

Shouldn't be on the sensor I think, all my shots were fine only until F16 onwards, I'm guessing the DOF encompassed the stuff in the lens too. (Okay bad concept actually) The lens does have abit of dust inside, but I didn't think it was a big issue when I bought it. How am I going to clean dust inside the lens? T.T

Shouldn't be on the sensor I think, all my shots were fine only until F16 onwards, I'm guessing the DOF encompassed the stuff in the lens too. (Okay bad concept actually) The lens does have abit of dust inside, but I didn't think it was a big issue when I bought it. How am I going to clean dust inside the lens? T.T

nope, i'm pretty sure it's on the sensor :sweat:

like you said, the spots only show @ f16 onwards.

Try lightly blowing a few jets of air down the sensor to dislodge it. If that doesn't work, send for cleaning ;)

oh and C&C?too much 'boring grey-blue' sky :think: You could have put the sun higher up in the frame?

The sun is actually on the 1/3 line of the lower frame... below it are buildings. I cropped it away coz they were underexposed and I was far too lazy to do a stitch up (which I had in mind when I shot it).

Focus on the sun isn't very nice too I think... I guess landscaping isn't my cup of tea.

I have the same thing before. It's dust on your sensor. :)

Time to clean your sensor. :)

As wat all other CS'ers mentioned, it's pretty much concluded that the sensor is dirty.
U can PM fatigue, our fellow CS'er for his service to clean ur cam. :)

Right.. its dust on sensor. Darn it. I tested it with another clean lens.

UGH!

As wat all other CS'ers mentioned, it's pretty much concluded that the sensor is dirty.
U can PM fatigue, our fellow CS'er for his service to clean ur cam. :)

How much fatigue charge anyway? Anyone knows?

How much fatigue charge anyway? Anyone knows?

Well, before you send it, try blowing the sensor gently with your blower (without touching it!) It's free and if the dust isn't lodged firmly, your problem can be easily solved :)

Haha ok thanks. Anyway I realize you own a 70-200mm, isn't that a heavy bat?

Waiting for my battery to charge now so that I can clean my sensor... =(

Yup, dust on sensor, very common and normally only see with small aperture...

Just do a mirror lock up and blow away the dust with blower... :)

70-200 F2.8 goes beyond 1kg doesn't it? How much did you get it for? OT a little. =X

Anyway I just cleaned my sensor. Did it twice because of some stupid incident.

After the first cleaning, the situation improved, but I did a test shot and was like WOAH, one big huge hair line across the screen. I thought some fibre got in, I opened it to clean it up again.

Opened it up, the sensor looks minty... no sign of anything, well, just to be safe, I blew everything up again.

Only to realize... the hair was actually a hair on the floor that my Marco lens picked on. I didn't notice it on the VF lol.

Thanks for the help guys!

he juz want to test his dust spot mah...

Status
Not open for further replies.