What's TFCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

astrocom

Jan 10, 2006
What does TFCD mean? :dunno:
Why is so many postings asking for TFCD?
Can anyone join in with or without experience/

Thanks for the heads up.

astrocom said:
What does TFCD mean? :dunno:
Why is so many postings asking for TFCD?
Can anyone join in with or without experience/

Thanks for the heads up.

TFCD stands for Time For Compact Disk, thsi means that the model and the photographer both work for free or pay fro any costs such as studios etc in order to produce pictures to build up a portfolio or somthing

Mnay models want pictures of them to promote themselves and many photogs want pics to show of their ability

Anyone can usually join no matter what experience level

Define TFCD

IMHO, the model or the photographer are have equally rights to choose whoever they want to work with.

The photographer can select the model they think that can create the images they want, and the model can select the photographer can product the images that they want also.

No offends my friend.

The images it should be by judge by quality not count by quantity.

I think the model would happy to have 20 good images rather than 200 “you know what I mean” images.

catchlights said:
No offends my friend.

The images it should be by judge by quality not count by quantity.

I think the model would happy to have 20 good images rather than 200 “you know what I mean” images.

I think hemay have said dvd because of its lasting quality rather than hundreds of "you know what" images

wildstallion said:
TFCD stands for Time For Compact Disk, thsi means that the model and the photographer both work for free or pay fro any costs such as studios etc in order to produce pictures to build up a portfolio or somthing

Mnay models want pictures of them to promote themselves and many photogs want pics to show of their ability

Anyone can usually join no matter what experience level

I used to do just that and until now i'm still doing for some.

If you are a total noob to model shoots do at least let the person know. Some may not mind, others actually want relatively experienced people to do the shoot, even if they are new models themselves.

If you're really interested, you should have a portfolio to show your prospective "client" what you're capable of. That way you can show that you're up to the task AND increase your chances of getting selected. That means you have to read up, practice, possibly go for lessons even.

Also, take note that a lot of the people doing these shoots are pretty good. As a noob, you may get side-lined if you're there for some free target practice, since the person probably wants to build up a decent portfolio and isn't going to waste time letting you do "snapshots". And trust me, you can tell if a person knows his stuff.

Consider paid model shoots instead if you're a noob and want practice. The model is paid so they can't be bothered with yr skills. No pressure.

JediForce4ever said:
wow...real pro.As the saying goes, its not the camera but more fo the person behind it.;)

Haha thanks for the compliments, cos my sony PnS have soft filter to go with model shoots and other special effects to enhance the results so using it is no probs. :D

I thought It was-- Talent for creative demand... just kidding...:bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Define TFCD

IMHO, the model or the photographer are have equally rights to choose whoever they want to work with.

The photographer can select the model they think that can create the images they want, and the model can select the photographer can product the images that they want also.

Hey catchlights,
Thanks for this link. ;)

And to the rest, thanks for a very informative response to my thread.
Really appreciate what I learnt here.

You're welcomed.

solarii has given you very good advice, but you also can ask friends around you to pose for you, at least you get to practice and start collecting some samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.