whats shutter count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammiepie

Apr 7, 2008
:dunno:hi i have a lot of question to ask..

1)whats shutter count??
2)The more the better or the least the better ??
3)Anyway to check for the shutter count??

help anyone?

1)whats shutter count??

help anyone?

shutter count is literally shutter count, how many times your shutter has opened and closed basically.

the lesser the better, the more = more depreciated but they are built to last pretty long

you can check with your camera servicing centre or some programmes, if i remember one correctly, one is called opanda

1)whats shutter count??

help anyone?

Shutter count : simple put - how many shots has the camera taken
The lower the number the better
For Nikon, easiest is to download a program called Opanda when u open a picture, the number of shutter release will be shown as part of Exif data

Hope this helps :)

hi there thanks for the help! now i finally figure out.. i saw a thread for shutter count but they only talk abt nikon hmm wonder the new 450D from canon , they got the function to check..

is it true 1st batch camera is always not good? if so why do many ppl still insist to buy the new 450D?

It's a disease...haha...contageous...makes u buy buy buy...haha

;)

hi there thanks for the help! now i finally figure out.. i saw a thread for shutter count but they only talk abt nikon hmm wonder the new 450D from canon , they got the function to check..

is it true 1st batch camera is always not good? if so why do many ppl still insist to buy the new 450D?

mechanical parts like shutter unit have a lifespan, shutter count is roughly gauge the lifespan you have for the shutter unit in the camera. don't worry so much about it, when it's time to go, it's just time to go. :bsmilie:

so maybe it's time to think more before you click your camera's life away. ;)

i doubt there's a function to check, however you can bring it down to the ccsc to do a check with a fee i supposed. another way is to keep track of how many photos you've taken. that could be quite accurate as well.

maybe they wanted to get the 400d but since the 450d is coming out, so they hold their purse first. anyway the 450d has got slightly better features (esp the 3" screen, drools) and a better kit lens. i doubt there'll be much issues with the new 450d.

that's just my assumption. :think:

hmm i went to a shop they quote me 450D price and 400D price both differences is 300 =\ 400D got 5 free gifts like lcd protector, cannon tripod , cannon bag , 2gb ultra , extra battery but 450D only free me 4gb sdhc and a guide book =|

400D they offer me 1050
450D they offer me 1350:dunno:

so which to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.