Whats next

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsz

Aug 14, 2006
ok i've gotten myself a 450D kit, now i'm thinking of what to get next.
flash unit?
tripod?
dry cabinet?
new lenses?

flash unit?
tripod?
dry cabinet?
new lenses?

If anything, get a proper storage first- the dry cabinet.

As for the others, take your time with the kit, then figure out if you need them.

flash unit?
tripod?
dry cabinet?
new lenses?

Look into the buy and sell section and start your L lens collection... hahahaha... follow by shoot shoooot shooooooot shooooooooot and still shooting

If you shooting well, there isn't a problem.
If there isn't a problem, there wouldn't be a need for a solution.

With that said, if you really have to spend some money, at least tell us what is it that you shoot. If you're interested in Photography as an art or long-term hobby, that'll tell us you'd be okay with a higher budget.

If you shooting well, there isn't a problem.
If there isn't a problem, there wouldn't be a need for a solution.

With that said, if you really have to spend some money, at least tell us what is it that you shoot. If you're interested in Photography as an art or long-term hobby, that'll tell us you'd be okay with a higher budget.

yeah definately looking at it as a long term hobby for travelling and night shots.
but again i'm just looking into what to buy as i don't want to rush into buying all at once so considering what to get first.
as in which will be more important

in the same position, currently thinking of getting the 50mm f1.8 and proper storage. Other than that i believe most of the good advice handed out is to take a lot of shots, experiment and have a feel of what is lacking from your photos and what to seek in the upgrade department.

Other than that a dry box/dry cabinet for proper storage would be a good idea.

flash unit - affects all lenses, if you use it well, it'll definitely add value to your photography. No need to conform to the surrounding light, just do it the way you want.

tripod - If you don't have a tripod and yet still like scenery, do look for JLPhoto (http://jl-photo.blogspot.com/), they have great tripods for the price (S$100 - 200) PM me for more comments.

dry cabinet - Get one as a long term investment. If you're getting new lenses, think of how much space you'd need. My 50L cabinet will probably be completely filled in one year (plan on getting 70-200 2.8IS + 400mm f/5.6)

new lenses - Depends on what you shoot. I'd say if you shoot a lot of portraits, try the 50mm f/1.8II for S$110, great lens for it's value.

Cheers,
Zexun

yeah definately looking at it as a long term hobby for travelling and night shots.
but again i'm just looking into what to buy as i don't want to rush into buying all at once so considering what to get first.
as in which will be more important

I personally advise buying things that allows you for future upgrades or items that have a longer life span, for example, I will recommend things like lenses that allows you to use on your current crop sensor system and also in a full frame body or 35mm. But beware... L lenses are poisoning... I use Sigma lenses for a long time and I dun believe a need for L series because I do not do photography for a living... but 2 months ago, I got a good bargain and got 1... and I am hooked. I even got a 3 years plan to complete the L lenses that I need.

Flashes are important but for travelling, seriously you will hardly used it and for night shots, it depends on what you are shooting, you dun necessary need a flashlight. But if you are covering events, then flash is pretty important especially under shelter.

As for accessories, it more on personal preference... some prefer using monopod than tripod... or vice versa.

I suggest u get a dry cabinet, a cheap uv filter for ur kit lens, lens cleaning kit(lenspen/lens tissue etc), screen protector for the lcd and maybe a camera bag if they didn't give u a free one already. Lens / flash / tripod etc u can get when you've shot enough to know what u really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.