what's my next step?

hi all.

tonight i cooked some dinner, and when almost done, snap a picture of the chicken wings. hehe. what you guys think?

60563_115962181794963_100001435454229_123745_2006112_n.jpg

Last edited:
hi all.

tonight i cooked some dinner, and went almost done, snap a picture of the chicken wings. hehe. what you guys think?

Err if you want comments you gotta post em at the respective photo galleries not at Newbies Corner:)

i don't mind eating the chicken wings . . . :bsmilie:

it is a bit oof (out of focus). Should rearrange so that it looks more appealing before you take. And add a bit of garnishing . . . :)

Next time please don't shoot and show us only. Invite us to shoot with you and eat together. :bsmilie:

I thought the picture is a little underexposed.

I can tell u can make good chicken wings :)

My suggestion would be

1. Get an iPad
2. Get photography ebooks and e magazines And load them in ur ipad
3. Read up and use iPad to surf for photo grpahy information
4. Read more clubsnap stickies
5. Get camera connection kit
6. Preview your photos on ur iPad

Shiok rite ? :cool:

tonight i cooked some dinner, and when almost done, snap a picture of the chicken wings. hehe. what you guys think?
It's a snap, you are right :) Now try to take a picture next time.

Just shoot any pictures which you feel is nice in your mind. Always try asking yourself how to shoot to make the picture more nicer in a different angle.

I am also learning.......:sweat:

It's a snap, you are right :) Now try to take a picture next time.

A snap is still a picture but do not really need a DSLR to shoot. Just a PnS will do the job.

If that's the case, why buy a DSLR ? :rolleyes:

alright guys,

i have gotten my canon 550D for approx 2 mnths by now. had it with the kit 1 lens, hoya uv filters, nothing else.

strap it with the canon strap, and bring it out for shooting at times.am quite new in this hobby, dont know what is the next step i should do?

i havent found what i like to shoot too :(

you should concentrate on the act of photography.

how come no one told him that the next step is to start shooting xmm... got a few people here next step was to shoot xmm.. :bsmilie:

then I believe u should find out more about car shows? see if there is
any show being held.. maybe buy some car mag as it will expose u to
more cars photography and learn a but here and there? :) at least this
is what I will do if I were u..

you mean there are cars at car shows?

how come every single thread i open in reportage and sports that claims to be from a car show just shows girls in skimpy costumes floating around expo halls? :bigeyes::bsmilie:

you mean there are cars at car shows?

how come every single thread i open in reportage and sports that claims to be from a car show just shows girls in skimpy costumes floating around expo halls? :bigeyes::bsmilie:
the law of 'gravity'.... :D

okay to be honest, it was my dad who bought the Canon DSLR. he only used it in the weekend. neither him nor me are pros. we are both very very new to dslr. this is our first. and mostly, when we go out, he dont carry the DSLR anymore. so it becomes like mine, eventually.

and im very enthu about car.im a car lover. VW sirocco, ferraris, bmw, merc S-class, Skoda superb, blah blah blah.

hmmm shot buildings once, and quite like it. but then not all singapore buildings are nice. sometimes when i spotted one, then i will shoot, else reserve shutter life, dont kill it for nothing (sounds abit stupid eh) LOL.
it's a bit silly to buy a DSLR then try and save the shutter life. That's like buying a car and then keeping it in the carpark to preserve the engine life.
The DSLR was bought to capture images. Use it.
You don't have to be a pro to enjoy photography. Most of us are amateurs. We will likely never achieve world acclaim for our skills (or lack thereof :D), but capturing images still brings much joy. Try to find a genre of photography which interests you, and try your best at it until you feel you have achieved some 'standard'...

the best advise i can dish out on is : continue shooting

try to take every chance to shoot regardless of food, ppl, street etc...all different aspects of photograpghy and through ur eyes n thoughts.

1 object, different ppl view it differently...

slowly u will realise wat u like to shoot.

ur pic...underexposed and not very dramatic...
i would prefer it to be a close-up shoot, probably fill the frame with jus the wings and also take a bite out and expose some flesh...hehehe

Last edited:
thanks for all the comments.
so i must adjust the +/-EV yeah?

actually on the DSLR lcd screen, it didnt look that dark. not sure why put on comp, kind of a little dark .

haha have been cooking ever since Sec1. more or less, got the hang for frying chicken wings lah^^

hmmm shot buildings once, and quite like it. but then not all singapore buildings are nice. sometimes when i spotted one, then i will shoot, else reserve shutter life, dont kill it for nothing (sounds abit stupid eh) LOL.

dont ever worry about the shutter count, worry more if its not been put into use. even if the shutter fail, the replacement wont cost you another camera.

actually on the DSLR lcd screen, it didnt look that dark. not sure why put on comp, kind of a little dark

it always look better on the camera LCD, you will get the hang of it soon enough if you keep shooting.

there is NOTHING wrong with having a camera just to shoot snapshots ..... as long as you're having fun

why stress urself up like this ?

thanks for all the comments.
so i must adjust the +/-EV yeah?

actually on the DSLR lcd screen, it didnt look that dark. not sure why put on comp, kind of a little dark .

haha have been cooking ever since Sec1. more or less, got the hang for frying chicken wings lah^^

on ur metering, jus make sure it's at the centre...
but i think some cam tends to over/underexposure.
u can use the +/- EV to cheat the Metering so that it reflects correctly...i think ...