What's in your camera bag today?

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.dennislee.co
Hi all,
I thought of starting this thread since there is frequent threads asking for bags (how big is the bag, can put what etc) / lens (what lens to use) recommendation.

Hopefully this thread (constantly updated by me or other members) will give more insights to other members.

Please post according to the below format for clarity purpose. You can be as detailed as possible (your wish).

Note: This is not a chat thread or recommendation thread.
Tip: It is always good to plan what you are shooting and what you need (and leave those you don't need at home)!

Let me start the ball rolling!

Event - ROM shoot
Bag - Billingham Hadley Original
What's in my camera bag? - 5DMKII attached with 35mm f1.4, 135mm f2, BG-E6 battery grip, EX580II with omni bounce, 2 x 4 AA batteries, lens pens, small chamosis leather cloth, my personal belongings (wallet, keys, hp, spectacle case etc)

Last edited:
Bag-Sony backpack.
What's in my camera bag? -Sony A290 Attach with 18-55 , HVL 43am flash , 2x AA batteries, Lens pen, cleaning cloth , Story books, sunglasses and my belongings.

wow good thread! for those who need a bag!

Last edited:
Event - ROM shoot
Bag - Billingham Hadley Original
What's in my camera bag? - 5DMKII attached with 35mm f1.4, 135mm f2, BG-E6 battery grip, EX580II with omni bounce, 2 x 4 AA batteries, lens pens, small chamosis leather cloth, my personal belongings (wallet, keys, hp, spectacle case etc)

Do you store your camera body with the 35L mounted while transporting? Or every hardware has its own compartment? I have difficulties finding a bag that allows me to pull out my camera + lens at the shortest time... TT Speed Racer is simply too big and it is extremely uncomfortable.

Do you store your camera body with the 35L mounted while transporting? Or every hardware has its own compartment? I have difficulties finding a bag that allows me to pull out my camera + lens at the shortest time... TT Speed Racer is simply too big and it is extremely uncomfortable.

yup, i usually transport my cam with 1 lens attached then store the other lens separated by the divider if I bring out more then 1 lens. My my bag can accomodate 1 body + 1 lens attached and 1 lens although I can still squeeze in the body + 3 lens stored separately (bag will very packed) but usually I will use my Billingham 335 if I need to bring more then 2 lens out.

Last edited:
My bag is one of those Lowepro toploader (I suspect its fake due to the cheap price, however, it's of decent quality).
I had a Canon 100L Macro attached to my 5DM2 (with lens hood). A 50mm 1.4 (fits nicely into the space created by the lens hood). YN565EX without diffuser.

A very nice & compact package. Sometimes I swap the 100m Macro for my 16-35L. They are about the same length.

I thought an existing thread already covers this???

area0404 said:
My bag is one of those Lowepro toploader (I suspect its fake due to the cheap price, however, it's of decent quality).
I had a Canon 100L Macro attached to my 5DM2 (with lens hood). A 50mm 1.4 (fits nicely into the space created by the lens hood). YN565EX without diffuser.

A very nice & compact package. Sometimes I swap the 100m Macro for my 16-35L. They are about the same length.

Hi,

Please post according the format i set. Thank you.

-----

Event - ?
Bag - ?
What's in your bag today - ?

cks2k2 said:
I thought an existing thread already covers this???

This is different. It's more like what you are wearing today kind of thread but in the sense what bag you are using and storing what. Not really a discussion thread.

Nothing high end for me...
Just a simple pNs plastics,
(lightweight & small)

Event: Journey to work everyday
Bag: Zinc Slingbag
Whats in it: Diana F+ / Superheadz UWS

:)

Event: 8D6N Korea trip
Bag: Manfrotto Unica VII
What's in it during that period of time:

Main compartment:
1) D700 with 17-35mm attached
2) 50mm f/1.4D
3) 50mm f/1.2
4) 105mm f/1.8

The compartment at the front:
5) 1 book
6) 1 bottle of Oreo bites
7) 2 spectacle case
8) 2 EN-EL3
9) 8 AA
10) Nissin Di622
11) 1 8GB CF
12) 1 16GB CF

Bottom compartment
13) One jacket with rather thick layer of down feathers/ one pair of gloves + one winter hat + one scarf

Of course, I only carried this on the first day and took out the book and the flash after the first day.

Sorry, if I am not exactly following the guidelines... I just want to let people know what this bag can fit.

TS please inform me if you want this removed.

Last edited:
Event: 8D6N Korea trip
Bag: Manfrotto Unica VII
What's in it during that period of time:

Main compartment:
1) D700 with 17-35mm attached
2) 50mm f/1.4D
3) 50mm f/1.2
4) 105mm f/1.8

The compartment at the front:
5) 1 book
6) 1 bottle of Oreo bites
7) 2 spectacle case
8) 2 EN-EL3
9) 8 AA
10) Nissin Di622
11) 1 8GB CF
12) 1 16GB CF

Bottom compartment
13) One jacket with rather thick layer of down feathers/ one pair of gloves + one winter hat + one scarf

Of course, I only carried this on the first day and took out the book and the flash after the first day.

Sorry, if I am not exactly following the guidelines... I just want to let people know what this bag can fit.

TS please inform me if you want this removed.

no worries! you are quite detailed. :)

Event: Walk about shoot in Singapore
Bag: TT Retrospective 10
What's in it: D7000 with battery grip, Tamron 17-50 attached, 50mm 1.8, 70-300 vr2, 4 x AA battery, spare AA batteries for battery grip, lens pen, 1 spare lens back cover, SB700, omni bounce, orange flash filter, and black foamy thing. Can't remember if my iPad 1 was in as well. :)

Event - Weekend walkabout

Bag - Tamrac Velocity 5x

What's in my bag today - 500D with 17-55, 10-22, Di866 Mk2, intervalometer/remote, lenspen, 3x spare LP-E5 batteries, 8x AA batteries, 1 bounce card, spare SD cards, backup lenscaps, add-on pouch holds 8-15 lens. Going to get another add-on pouch to hold my 70-300.

:)

Event- General landscape outing cum indoor
Bag- kata rucksack
Contents-
D7000 with batt grip
18-105mm lens
10-20 mm wide lens
70-300 telephoto lens
50mm prime lens
35mm prime lens
Nissin flash
ND filters n holder (Tianya) in pouch
10 stop ND filter (screw on)
Polariser (screw on)
Wireless remote
Wired shutter release
Lens pen
Cleaning cloth
Tripod (there's a tripod holder )
1 water bottle dangling out

Can also fit one lap top.

I feel like full battle order in the army.

Event-event coverage and travelling
Bag-Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 250 AW
D7000 w/ Hercules grip
18-105mm attached
55-200mm
Strap tucked towards the left of the body
Adding a 50mm 1.8D soon
SB700
(1 extra empty slot pending)
2 extra memory cards (D7000 holds 2 so 4 in total)
Circular Polariser
ML-L3 wireless remote
Tripod
Air Blower
Microfiber cloth
Water bottle
2 packs of tissue
1 small box of candy

For travelling, include:
Laptop
Laptop charger
iPhone cable cum charger
DSLR Batt charger
Sanyo 2-hour quick charger

Event: Everyday use (work & walkabout)
Bag: Crumpler Western Lawn
What's in it: Billingham inset (for camera, films, lens), Book, umbrella (need a smaller one), Slik mini II tripod, passport, hand lotion, earphones. stationaries.

6727532599_240b53a0be_z.jpg

6727535227_27dd4277fe_z.jpg

6727538011_b4766ed955_z.jpg

ps: fruits not included. :)

Interesting thread... but won't it be better to also post photos of what the packed bag looks like... like the last post. :think:

Event: Full-battle walkabout (today).
Bag: Domke J-2
Contents:
Sony A700
Sony A230 (infrared)
Samyang 8mm f3.5 Fisheye
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
Sony 18-55 f3.5-5.6
Tamron 28-105mm f2.8
Sony 30mm f2.8 Macro
Sony 50mm f1.8
B+W ND110