What's in your budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmin147

Aug 20, 2011
Tampines
What’s in your budget?
This is a thread for everyone to post their earnings per event so that newbies and those that are just starting out photography as a business can have a rough idea on how much to charge their clients according to the event that they are hired for and not under charge clients and making clubsnap a go to place for free or very cheap photographers. Please use the template below and post accordingly, I believe that if everyone contributes a little this will become a very informative thread and make clients find photographers instead of photographers finding clients.

Eg- dinner-$20

Budget: exact amount client pays
Event: wedding, location shoot, studio shoot, etc
Location of event: hotel, out in the sun, air con room, studio, etc
Time of event: midnight, noon, 6pm, etc
Gear: everything you carry with you that YOU OWN
Rental gear: everything you rent including studio and camera gear
Transportation: how you get to the shoot and go back home
Others: food, CD for client,prints, insurance, etc
How much earned: exact amount after deducting cost of everything

Hi,

Not wanting to sound negative, but what will this thread achieve in educating photographers in terms of pricing.

The outgoing cost that you mention is very minimal and generally negligible. The largest part of the pricing structures is the COST of running and market your service. This generally equate to 50-60% of the cost that a photographer who understand costing issue charge and plus their margin.

The first line, how much that you charge your clients is huge part and it is noncore beneficial talking about these element then simply reveal amount charge and amount earn at the end.

Just my thought.

Hart

I hate to be rude but this thread is of little sense and I see it as a detriment towards improving photography industry.

Such behaviour encourage low and rock bottom prices because it does an evil thing - it tries to standardize or benchmark towards the lower end. The very and exact opposite of what you claim it's for.

The sky's the limit.

Nobody is going to be that stupid to reveal all their costs and earnings on the forum and if they do, it is not credible and comes from varying agendas and hidden intentions.

Different people have different hunger and need for profit. It is not your right to question or know.

Budget photographers always make the excuse 'it's a free market' 'don't blame me for being cheap' but in fact the term free market came from the exact different reason - its a free market, it's capitalism, don't standardize and regulate my earnings like communist would, let me fly and reach my potential. 'Don't blame me for being rich.'

Last edited:
Agetan said:
Hi,

Not wanting to sound negative, but what will this thread achieve in educating photographers in terms of pricing.

The outgoing cost that you mention is very minimal and generally negligible. The largest part of the pricing structures is the COST of running and market your service. This generally equate to 50-60% of the cost that a photographer who understand costing issue charge and plus their margin.

The first line, how much that you charge your clients is huge part and it is noncore beneficial talking about these element then simply reveal amount charge and amount earn at the end.

Just my thought.

Hart

JasonB said:
I hate to be rude but this thread is of little sense and I see it as a detriment towards improving photography industry.

Such behaviour encourage low and rock bottom prices because it does an evil thing - it tries to standardize or benchmark towards the lower end. The very and exact opposite of what you claim it's for.

The sky's the limit.

Nobody is going to be that stupid to reveal all their costs and earnings on the forum and if they do, it is not credible and comes from varying agendas and hidden intentions.

Different people have different hunger and need for profit. It is not your right to question or know.

Budget photographers always make the excuse 'it's a free market' 'don't blame me for being cheap' but in fact the term free market came from the exact different reason - its a free market, it's capitalism, don't standardize and regulate my earnings like communist would, let me fly and reach my potential. 'Don't blame me for being rich.'

Alright thanks guys.. Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.