Whats in a speedlite 550ex package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
I am looking for a 550ex, but I do not know what are the stuff that comes with it.

Does it include a soft box or some kind of diffuser? What is the RP for a new 550ex?

Thanks.

the 550EX has a built-in diffuser (plasticy translucent piece.

The package should comes with manual, leather flash pouch, warranty card (if applicable), a flash stand and the canon box it comes in.. ^.^

RP - SGD$550-580 from TCW

may i know what is TCW stands. and where is the shop???

The Camera Workshop @ Peninsula.

thaxz ,gits!!!
cos last week went to cp and they quote me $650...
luckily i jammed brake(buying) ... if not....

but TCW is import set? TCW warranty or canon warranty?

Thanks guys.

No soft box, :( thought it is better than the plastic diffuser.

GitS said:
The Camera Workshop @ Peninsula.

It's at Penisular Shopping Centre (inside Excelsior Hotel), NOT Peninsular Plaza. The 3 buildings - Funan the IT Mall, Peninsular Shoppoing Centre and Peninsular Plaza all contain pro camera shops.... have fun...

SniperD said:
get a lumiquest set or a cheaper version: omnibounce ;)

Or bounce card also can... just make it bigger and compensate the flash exposure....

Or the Sigma 500 DG Super... It's not bad... Very good actually...

But not for those who usually abuse(physically & internally) their equipment.
Also not for those who wanna show off, coz it's only a little more than 1/2 the price of the 550EX.

But for that kind of money, It's really worth it... :thumbsup:

SniperD said:
the 550EX has a built-in diffuser (plasticy translucent piece.

The package should comes with manual, leather flash pouch, warranty card (if applicable), a flash stand and the canon box it comes in.. ^.^

RP - SGD$550-580 from TCW

That plastic diffuser is meant to even out the flash intensity when using ultra wide angles of 17mm and thereabouts... cos the edges of the photo will be significantly further from the flash compared to what is in the dead centre, and if the center of the flash pulse is not reduced, the centre of the photo will look very bright while the edges will be underexposed...

Thanks guys. But needs further info before make the plunge.

But where to get the Sigma 500 DG Super. Why do you say the build quality is not very good? Any comment from CS. How is the spec compare to 550EX?

denniskee said:
Thanks guys. But needs further info before make the plunge.

But where to get the Sigma 500 DG Super. Why do you say the build quality is not very good? Any comment from CS. How is the spec compare to 550EX?

Build quality is often a matter of one's preference. You should be able to get the Sigma flash at TCW or Alan or John 3:16. Call them first before going down lor... CP does not carry Sigma products at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.