What's good about HTC phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
It's the cheaper version of the iPhone isn't it?

Anyone use it before and how is it?

Also, does any Singtel shop or retailer has a promo or contract with this phone?

Thanks man!

Also, does any Singtel shop or retailer has a promo or contract with this phone?

Thanks man!

First of all, HTC is a brand, it's not a phone model. You will need to tell us what phone model you are looking at.. then we can advise you.

It's actually remarkably bad if you're into sms, unless you're ok with the handwriting recognition software.

If you're refering to the HTC Touch phone.. it is definitely NOT a cheaper version of iPhone. For one, it's just like any other smartphones running Windows mobile albeit with a nicer "skin".

So if you're looking for a do-it-all smartphone with small form-factor, then it could be the right phone for you. SMS will be tough as pointed by bro shojibake pointed. It would be very similar to a O2 mini I feel.

Thanks guys! Yup in fact i'm talking about the HTC touch phone.. Looks like SMSing seems pretty bad.. But like every established brands in the market like O2, dopod is their 'cheaper' counterpart and it seems to have some problems, wonder if HTC touch phone is prone to hanging or errors too, etc??

Erm. HTC is actually the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) for many of the windows mobile phones, smartphones and PDAs out there being sold under other brands like O2, Dopod, etc.

For example, according to wiki, the HTC Magician is sold as the Qtek S100, O2 Xda II Mini (Asia), O2 Xda mini (Germany), T-Mobile MDA, i-mate JAM, Vodafone VPA Compact, Dopod 818, Krome Spy and Orange SPV M500.

im using a HTC phone. the SMS sucks big time..

phone hangs when u're running some applications and phone rings, stupid camera sucks

but it works well for my scheduling and task handling, syncin with outlook etc.

I'd say windows mobile based phones are primarily PDAs and not phones. They are basically PDAs with GSM/3G connectivity tagged on. If you want a phone with PDA functions you'd probably do better with smartphones like those from SE or even Nokia.

I'd say windows mobile based phones are primarily PDAs and not phones. They are basically PDAs with GSM/3G connectivity tagged on. If you want a phone with PDA functions you'd probably do better with smartphones like those from SE or even Nokia.

Just to comment on what bro Denosha says.. my experience from using SE smartphones (P900, P910).. The thing is, SE does not provide a standalone PIM application like Palm does. So you'd have to rely on conduits to sync with Outlook / iCal. I found it a real pain and sometimes duplicate entries pop up, info gets deleted from phone and PC/Mac for no reason.. it gets real messy if you try and sync between PC and Mac.

Therefore, after changing from Palm -> Windows Mobile -> SE.. now I'm back with Palm and loving it.. Btw, I'm using a Palm Treo 680 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.