What's a Phayee Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Geoffp and those still wondering what's a Phayee adapter,

Look at Panasonic original adapter where you could fit a 72mm lens/filter and a petal hood to it. The hood prevents flare when taking pic with direct light or sunlight facing your lens.

The Phayee adapter(PA) comes in two parts. One fits onto the camera with the other end that could fit a 62mm filter or lens. When both parts join together it's similar to Panasonic original adapter. With PA, you could use a 62mm and 72mm filters together.

When using one part only, the 62mm end could still fit with a step down ring to fit a smaller diameter Tcon or Wcon

One good use of PA, especially just using one part only (62mm), if you stack few filters/lens, you won't get vignetting!

Phew! hope I have helped you to understand what's a PA. :sweat:

Anyone wants to add any points that I missed? Thanks :dunno:

LifeWorld said:
Geoffp and those still wondering what's a Phayee adapter,

Look at Panasonic original adapter where you could fit a 72mm lens/filter and a petal hood to it. The hood prevents flare when taking pic with direct light or sunlight facing your lens.

The Phayee adapter(PA) comes in two parts. One fits onto the camera with the other end that could fit a 62mm filter or lens. When both parts join together it's similar to Panasonic original adapter. With PA, you could use a 62mm and 72mm filters together.

When using one part only, the 62mm end could still fit with a step down ring to fit a smaller diameter Tcon or Wcon

One good use of PA, especially just using one part only (62mm), if you stack few filters/lens, you won't get vignetting!

Phew! hope I have helped you to understand what's a PA. :sweat:

Anyone wants to add any points that I missed? Thanks :dunno:

Hi LifeWorld: Start to prepare yourself to be a technical writer for Panasonic har? *kidding*

Well, like I posted in the other thread, there is a detailed description on various adapters for FZ10/FZ20 at CK's Digital Camera Page.

I believe it is certainly benificial for those who just own the camera to pay this site a visit.

That's what exactly I did to learn more about my FZ10, of course, this was where I started to burn holes in my pocket. :cry:

LifeWorld, Thanks for putting up this thread....

Other benefits of using this PA adaptor, is that you can use a small thread size filter, like 62mm, or with a stepdown ring to 58 or 52mm...
With a smaller thread size, the price of the filter will be realative cheaper.

At the same time, you will be able to use other brands TCON or WCON of a different thread size... So it will mean that you will have more choice.

Thanks LifeWorld! :)

JimDavis said:
Hi LifeWorld: Start to prepare yourself to be a technical writer for Panasonic har? *kidding*

Well, like I posted in the other thread, there is a detailed description on various adapters for FZ10/FZ20 at CK's Digital Camera Page.

I believe it is certainly benificial for those who just own the camera to pay this site a visit.

That's what exactly I did to learn more about my FZ10, of course, this was where I started to burn holes in my pocket. :cry:

Ha ha, hope all Lumixers would share too. Pics, ideas, thoughts, 'lobangs' etc......

this must be put as sticky

:thumbsup: Lifeworld.. :thumbsup: :sweatsm:

See Lifeworld can be the mod of panasonic... then he can start writing a series of FAQ threads and post them as sticky himself... ;)

Well.....hey where can I get PHAYEE adapter locally beside EBAY..?

cheewooi said:
Well.....hey where can I get PHAYEE adapter locally beside EBAY..?

Locally you cannot get 1 cos no shops sell them (unless somebody went ahead like JimDavis to import from the Chinese seller and then resell them locally). Or, you can try asking those selling their Panasonic FZ10/FZ20 who have the adapter as well. Someone's selling his cam on the B/S forum, you can PM him see he wanna sell seperately --> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=117720 People queueing up liaoz! ;)

For those who are interested in Phayee accessories (Lens adapter, lens cap, Lotus-shape lens hood...), please go to Buy and Sell section to get the details on pricing and contact, etc.

This is the first order that I bring in, and I will be bringing in more in the next few weeks time if response from Lumixers are good.

Ok guys,
What about original lens hood? Can it be attached to PA? I was thinking of getting a PA but what's the advantage over the original adapter beside, PA offer dual tread a 72mm and 62mm tread, PA is made of steel. How about vignetting problem especially in wide. Will 62mm filter posed to vignetting when stacked up? How about flash fall off? Will PA block some of the flash especially on the bottom compared to original adapter?

I knew original adapter when fitted with a UV filter sometimes have ghosting effect - filter is too far away from the lens thus causes reflection on the filter in certain angle!

cheewooi said:
Ok guys,
What about original lens hood? Can it be attached to PA? I was thinking of getting a PA but what's the advantage over the original adapter beside, PA offer dual tread a 72mm and 62mm tread, PA is made of steel. How about vignetting problem especially in wide. Will 62mm filter posed to vignetting when stacked up? How about flash fall off? Will PA block some of the flash especially on the bottom compared to original adapter?

I knew original adapter when fitted with a UV filter sometimes have ghosting effect - filter is too far away from the lens thus causes reflection on the filter in certain angle!

Hi,

I am not promoting PA. But I am a happy user of it.

Prior to buying PA, I have used the original adapter with 72mm UV filter. No problem with it. however, when I stack a 72mm CP filter, I got vignetting at wide. Have to zoom in to at least 1X to avoid it. There were suggestion to use a slimmer CP filter. This, I didn't try! :think:

I have yet to test the 62mm CP filter with PA coz I haven't bought it yet. However, as the PA to 62mm is much 'shorter', stacking the 62mm CP filter to UV filter does not cause vignetting!

As for original hood, I doubt can be use with PA. Anyone has tried it?

LifeWorld said:
Hi,

I am not promoting PA. But I am a happy user of it.

Prior to buying PA, I have used the original adapter with 72mm UV filter. No problem with it. however, when I stack a 72mm CP filter, I got vignetting at wide. Have to zoom in to at least 1X to avoid it. There were suggestion to use a slimmer CP filter. This, I didn't try! :think:

I have yet to test the 62mm CP filter with PA coz I haven't bought it yet. However, as the PA to 62mm is much 'shorter', stacking the 62mm CP filter to UV filter does not cause vignetting!

As for original hood, I doubt can be use with PA. Anyone has tried it?

i got 62mm CP wit PA..

going to shooting this weekend..

maybe if i could , i update u guys..

using a 62mm CP stack wit UV..

hope can.. if not will jus use the UV.. correct me if i am wrong..

was advise by francis not to stack 62mm CP with 72mm UV using PA..

hee hee..

Ok guys, hope to hear from ur result soon....
Wonder if JimDavis gonna do another MO on PA again...I miss the last ones!

The MO is coming on the way....

Jim, put me in for 1 Phayee Lotus Len Hood in your coming MO.
I will sent you a email once I got access to my home mail.
In office now.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.