What's a Phayee Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
donchua said:
Jim, put me in for 1 Phayee Lotus Len Hood in your coming MO.
I will sent you a email once I got access to my home mail.
In office now.
Thanks.

Don, relax la. JD will post on Notice Board when he MO.

LifeWorld said:
As for original hood, I doubt can be use with PA. Anyone has tried it?

tried using the original panny hood with the PA.
if you examined the panny hood, you would realise that it uses a two-prong screw to grip onto the grooves of the panny adaptor.

adopting the same principle, just mount it on the 2nd part of the PA (72mm end) and adjust the panny hood. after which, u tighten the nut. the two-prong part will "eat" into the metal part of the PA. it wont really create any scratches unless u are twist the hood while it is mounted onto the PA.
it should remain in position unless u knock it or something.

it fits nicely, only gripe is that it is troublesome to mount onto the 72mm end of the PA and constant fear of the two-prong part will scratch the PA.

when comparing the 2 lens hoods, design is almost similar, just that the tip of the panny one is sharper, the PA one is broader. i think it is slightly more effective. both hoods are of the same height. PA hood is definitely easier to mount but beware the triangular sticker; it comes off easily. recommend to use a sharp knife and mark out a permanent groove. (i did that and then i use liquid paper to fill in the grooves. now the center marking is nice and clear) oh, if u guys hate the "SUPER LENS HOOD" marking on the inside part of the hood, u can just tear it off. its a sticker. :bsmilie:

well, if u guys want, i can post some pics on the markings and the comparison of the 2 hoods.

LifeWorld said:
Don, relax la. JD will post on Notice Board when he MO.

I scare I miss the thread cos quite busy recently...

codling said:
tried using the original panny hood with the PA.
if you examined the panny hood, you would realise that it uses a two-prong screw to grip onto the grooves of the panny adaptor.

adopting the same principle, just mount it on the 2nd part of the PA (72mm end) and adjust the panny hood. after which, u tighten the nut. the two-prong part will "eat" into the metal part of the PA. it wont really create any scratches unless u are twist the hood while it is mounted onto the PA.
it should remain in position unless u knock it or something.

it fits nicely, only gripe is that it is troublesome to mount onto the 72mm end of the PA and constant fear of the two-prong part will scratch the PA.

when comparing the 2 lens hoods, design is almost similar, just that the tip of the panny one is sharper, the PA one is broader. i think it is slightly more effective. both hoods are of the same height. PA hood is definitely easier to mount but beware the triangular sticker; it comes off easily. recommend to use a sharp knife and mark out a permanent groove. (i did that and then i use liquid paper to fill in the grooves. now the center marking is nice and clear) oh, if u guys hate the "SUPER LENS HOOD" marking on the inside part of the hood, u can just tear it off. its a sticker. :bsmilie:

well, if u guys want, i can post some pics on the markings and the comparison of the 2 hoods.

My one is FZ10 leh..
Try the stock hood but cannot fix in the PA.

The Phayee stocks should be in some times next week.

Sorry but I was really busy during this whole week. Give me a day or 2 to sort out the reserve list, and I shall post the balance items.

For those who are interested in getting the Phayee items, please, please, do not PM me. Send an email to me so that I can keep track, and communicate with you via email.

Items that will arrive:

1. Phayee lens adapter for FZ10/FZ20
2. 62mm lens cap with strap
3. Phayee Lotus-shape hood.

You can find my email address in the last thread I posted in buy and sell section...

JimDavis said:
The Phayee stocks should be in some times next week.

Sorry but I was really busy during this whole week. Give me a day or 2 to sort out the reserve list, and I shall post the balance items.

For those who are interested in getting the Phayee items, please, please, do not PM me. Send an email to me so that I can keep track, and communicate with you via email.

Items that will arrive:

1. Phayee lens adapter for FZ10/FZ20
2. 62mm lens cap with strap
3. Phayee Lotus-shape hood.

You can find my email address in the last thread I posted in buy and sell section...

Hey, put up a notice la! On the PLUG Notice Board of course. :bsmilie:

LifeWorld said:
Hey, put up a notice la! On the PLUG Notice Board of course. :bsmilie:

I will do that once I get the confirmation on the shipment schedule and balance quantity...I scared I got overwhelm by all the PMs and emails like last time... ;p

JimDavis said:
I will do that once I get the confirmation on the shipment schedule and balance quantity...I scared I got overwhelm by all the PMs and emails like last time... ;p

Haha, think you already got one from Don. Remeber to reserve one hood for him la. he seems anxious.
Btw, remember to check Remote Shutter for me.

There are people who wanted to take a look at the Phayee Lotus-shape hood, I shall post it here, with front, side and back view:

Lotushood-front01.jpg

Lotushood-side01.jpg

Lotushood-back01.jpg

Update:
=====

I've compiled my list of reservation, hence, the balance quantity is out.

For those who are interested in Phayee accessories (Lens adapter, lens cap, Lotus-shape lens hood...), please go to Buy and Sell section to get the details on balance quantity, pricing and contact, etc.

Update (30 March 2005):
=======================

The latest balance quantity is out.

ETA is out too.

I am trying to see if I can make the collection coincide with PLUG meeting, so that more new people can meet more old birds. ;)

For those who are interested in Phayee accessories (Lens adapter, lens cap, Lotus-shape lens hood...), please go to Buy and Sell section to get the details on balance quantity, pricing and contact, etc.

Okie...there are a few ppl asked me about lens cap with strap, how it looks like, etc.

Here it comes:

62mmLenscapwithStrapfullview.jpg

62mmLenscapwithStrap.jpg

Update (31 March 2005):
=======================

ETA is out too.

The items are here! I had separately sent out emails to inform those who reserve the items from me.

Collection confirmed on 2nd April 2005, together with the PLUG meeting]PLUG meeting[/URL].

Update (1 April 2005):
=======================

The items are here! I had separately sent out emails to inform those who reserve the items from me.

Collection confirmed on 2nd April 2005, together with the PLUG meeting]PLUG meeting[/URL].

I am planning another round of order, thus, will like to refresh the pricing for the items as below:

Item Price (S$) (no shipment charge)
============================================
Phayee adapter tube for FZ20/FZ10 $25.00
62mm lens cap with strap $6.00
Phayee Lotus-shape Lens Hood $19.00
Phayee remote shutter control for FZ20 S$15.00 (NEW!)

Update (8 April 2005):
=======================

For those who are interested in Phayee accessories (Lens adapter, lens cap, Lotus-shape lens hood, Remot Shutter Control...), please go to Buy and Sell section to get the details on balance quantity, pricing and contact, etc.

Item Price (S$) (no shipment charge)
============================================
Phayee adapter tube for FZ20/FZ10 $25.00
62mm lens cap with strap $6.00
Phayee Lotus-shape Lens Hood $19.00
Phayee remote shutter control for FZ20 S$15.00 (NEW!)

Qty Left:
Phayee adapter tube for FZ20/FZ10 : 10
62mm lens cap with strap : 8
Phayee Lotus-shape Lens Hood : 2
Phayee Remote Shutter Control: 10

Status
Not open for further replies.