Whats a Len?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeusExMachina

Jan 22, 2004
I'm getting irked by people calling a single lens a "len". There is NO such word. For the word "lens", usage in plural is lenses and in singular is lens. "Len" is a place in Spain, thats the ONLY definition of len.

DeusExMachina said:
I'm getting irked by people calling a single lens a "len". There is NO such word. For the word "lens", usage in plural is lenses and in singular is lens. "Len" is a place in Spain, thats the ONLY definition of len.

it's the same as ppl pronoucing film as falm or flim... ;)

Len len len len len len len len len len len len.

DeusExMachina said:

This type of thread has been posted in the past before, but somehow it dies away and is forgotten after awhile, and non-existent words like aperature, shuttle, marco, len and so on will re-appear with a vengeance. :bsmilie:

In any case, thanks for the reviving it. :cheers:

Shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle. :blah:

hai yoh ... espn old man liao =X .. .still so childish =X

Being childish has no relationship with age. Who says old man cannot be childish? :dunnoe:

DeusExMachina said:
you are not alone. :)

Terence said:
I love it when I hear "filim".

It gets me laughing each time i hear it :bsmilie:. Btw, are you under the alias of Vector Grafix on airliners? :think:

Klose said:
It gets me laughing each time i hear it :bsmilie:. Btw, are you under the alias of Vector Grafix on airliners? :think:

That's my evil twin...

DeusExMachina said:

I think some people prefer to use the word "len" in case other people confuse "lens" with a place in France :bsmilie:

kahheng said:
I think some people prefer to use the word "len" in case other people confuse "lens" with a place in France :bsmilie:

"Bollocks" springs to mind as a suitable reply :devil:

Ian said:
"Bollocks" springs to mind as a suitable reply :devil:

Lack of humour comes to mind just as suitably :bsmilie:

espn said:
Being childish has no relationship with age. Who says old man cannot be childish? :dunnoe:

u hardly see him being childish, coz espn would say i am childish too~~ hehehehe.....

Aperture aperture aperture aperture aperture aperture aperture

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

filem is malay for film. so they aren't wrong if they used "filem". we mix a lot of other languages into our chinese/english as well don't we?

Papilio said:
Well done! :bsmilie: You spelt it right! :cheers:

=p ... hahahahahaah.... yay! =p

Shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle shuttle

hahahahahhahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.