What's a hood used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernie1984

Apr 23, 2006
Hi guys

hi..i'm wondering whats a hood used for?? will it hav really any obvious effect on the pictures taken? juz wondering.. thanks for answering my questions =)

1) It can help to cut down on flares...
2) Act as a protection for your lens...

Hi guys

hi..i'm wondering whats a hood used for?? will it hav really any obvious effect on the pictures taken? juz wondering.. thanks for answering my questions =)

A hood can be used to:
1. reduce/avoid the chance of flare
2. increase contrast
3. protect the front element

A rigid and proper hood should be used for every lens (even a cheap normal lens) - that's my experience.

Cheers,

hood? bluff people one lah
no use... make the lense look huge and powerful only

hahaha

sonnar135.gif

read this here

thanks guys..hmmm..

A hood can be used to:
1. reduce/avoid the chance of flare
2. increase contrast
3. protect the front element

A rigid and proper hood should be used for every lens (even a cheap normal lens) - that's my experience.

Cheers,

hood can increase contrast?? :bigeyes:
how does hood increase contrast i dun get it... :confused: pls enlighten me, thanks :)

how does hood increase contrast i dun get it... :confused: pls enlighten me, thanks :)
See the link in #4 regarding the effect of veiling glare.

Other than slooow posted above, you can also check here:

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=006iQs&tag=

For a cropped digital SLR camera, a deeper and smaller hood would be better than the original matching hood (which was designed for 35mm film SLR camera) :)

Anyone Canon user looking for a good hood for your 50/1.4 EF lens? I got one at the b&s forum ;)

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.