What's a good USB Cordless phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azul123

Dec 4, 2004
Eastern Bloc
Want to use Skype and have the convenience of cordless handset feature, anyone can advice which is good model and where to buy including how much?

TIA for help on info.

../azul123

azul123 said:
Want to use Skype and have the convenience of cordless handset feature, anyone can advice which is good model and where to buy including how much?

TIA for help on info.

../azul123

pagi, tuan! creative is having their annual warehouse sales from today till sunday. creative has a few noise-cancelling headphones/mic sets dat are pretty good. think u can go check it out? ;)

http://creativex.creative.com/promos/whs_dec05/saleitem.asp

nightwolf75 said:
pagi, tuan! creative is having their annual warehouse sales from today till sunday. creative has a few noise-cancelling headphones/mic sets dat are pretty good. think u can go check it out? ;)

http://creativex.creative.com/promos/whs_dec05/saleitem.asp
Hi Sam,
Thanks for info, was looking at the Linksys CIT200, has good cordless phone features, but don't know if it's selling here.

../azul123

azul123 said:
Hi Sam,
Thanks for info, was looking at the Linksys CIT200, has good cordless phone features, but don't know if it's selling here.

../azul123

The CIT200 looks cool. Let me know if u can find it in SG.

azul123 said:
Hi Sam,

../azul123
I tot I saw it in Sitex.

azul123 said:
Hi Sam,

../azul123
Yes, the linksys phone was offcially launched here during Sitex. There was a half page ad in the ST, i think ...

U should be able to find it in Funan or SLS ... Dunno abt the price though :)

I found someone here selling it, but asking $180, while searching found other models from Siemens and other brands that can do USB as well as PSTN/POTs (Public Swicth Telephone Network/Plain Old Telephone s)

Still searching value for money set and will report back what I can find.

How much did the CIT200 cost at Sitex? is $180 a good buy?

../azul123

digitalbuff said:
The CIT200 looks cool. Let me know if u can find it in SG.
Found this url http://www.bigfiveshop.com, there a link to VoIP at the bottom on the url.

Someone selling Linksys and other brands. There's really two option:

1) Just get a USB phone for use with Skype, I think Linksys CIT200 is one such device
2) If you are changing cordless phone and looking for a DECT type phone and your PC that has Skype loaded is near to the PSTN lines then get the Dual VoIP and PSTN type device. Like the Olympia Dualphone USB Cordless, expensive though.

But I don't know if this is the best value or elsewhere selling cheaper, may have to make a trip to SLS to find out but not till after several weeks later.

P.S. I am not recommending just pointing the link so you can find out more on them, better to shop around I think.

../azul123

I've seen many shops at Sim Lim Square selling the Linksys skype phone, about $199.

Digital Life ran a story about the Linksys and the Tao brand of skype phone a few weeks ago.

skype....i assume u using it with ur pc? try bluetooth headset? if ur pc not bluetooth enable can always get a bt adapter. Nowdays got stereo BT headset already....

CheerS!

Hi folks,

I think I saw Fuwell selling the Linksys CIT200 for S$179 on offer yesterday.

BUY BUY BUY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.