What's a good USB Cordless phone?


Status
Not open for further replies.

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#1
Want to use Skype and have the convenience of cordless handset feature, anyone can advice which is good model and where to buy including how much?

TIA for help on info.

../azul123
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#2
azul123 said:
Want to use Skype and have the convenience of cordless handset feature, anyone can advice which is good model and where to buy including how much?

TIA for help on info.

../azul123

pagi, tuan! creative is having their annual warehouse sales from today till sunday. creative has a few noise-cancelling headphones/mic sets dat are pretty good. think u can go check it out? ;)

http://creativex.creative.com/promos/whs_dec05/saleitem.asp
 

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#3
nightwolf75 said:
pagi, tuan! creative is having their annual warehouse sales from today till sunday. creative has a few noise-cancelling headphones/mic sets dat are pretty good. think u can go check it out? ;)

http://creativex.creative.com/promos/whs_dec05/saleitem.asp
Hi Sam,
Thanks for info, was looking at the Linksys CIT200, has good cordless phone features, but don't know if it's selling here.

../azul123
 

Aug 18, 2004
772
0
0
www.pbase.com
#4
azul123 said:
Hi Sam,
Thanks for info, was looking at the Linksys CIT200, has good cordless phone features, but don't know if it's selling here.

../azul123

The CIT200 looks cool. Let me know if u can find it in SG.
 

evq

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
546
0
0
44
The 13th floor
#5
azul123 said:
Hi Sam,
Thanks for info, was looking at the Linksys CIT200, has good cordless phone features, but don't know if it's selling here.

../azul123
I tot I saw it in Sitex.
 

wiz23

Senior Member
Jun 20, 2005
2,940
0
0
Bukit Panjang
www.pbase.com
#6
azul123 said:
Hi Sam,
Thanks for info, was looking at the Linksys CIT200, has good cordless phone features, but don't know if it's selling here.

../azul123
Yes, the linksys phone was offcially launched here during Sitex. There was a half page ad in the ST, i think ...

U should be able to find it in Funan or SLS ... Dunno abt the price though :)
 

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#7
I found someone here selling it, but asking $180, while searching found other models from Siemens and other brands that can do USB as well as PSTN/POTs (Public Swicth Telephone Network/Plain Old Telephone s)

Still searching value for money set and will report back what I can find.

How much did the CIT200 cost at Sitex? is $180 a good buy?

../azul123
 

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#8
digitalbuff said:
The CIT200 looks cool. Let me know if u can find it in SG.
Found this url http://www.bigfiveshop.com, there a link to VoIP at the bottom on the url.

Someone selling Linksys and other brands. There's really two option:

1) Just get a USB phone for use with Skype, I think Linksys CIT200 is one such device
2) If you are changing cordless phone and looking for a DECT type phone and your PC that has Skype loaded is near to the PSTN lines then get the Dual VoIP and PSTN type device. Like the Olympia Dualphone USB Cordless, expensive though.

But I don't know if this is the best value or elsewhere selling cheaper, may have to make a trip to SLS to find out but not till after several weeks later.

P.S. I am not recommending just pointing the link so you can find out more on them, better to shop around I think.

../azul123
 

xtemujin

Senior Member
Apr 1, 2005
2,778
1
0
Singapura, Singapore
#9
I've seen many shops at Sim Lim Square selling the Linksys skype phone, about $199.

Digital Life ran a story about the Linksys and the Tao brand of skype phone a few weeks ago.
 

kegler

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2003
2,329
0
0
38
myhobbieseatdrink.blogspot.com
#10
skype....i assume u using it with ur pc? try bluetooth headset? if ur pc not bluetooth enable can always get a bt adapter. Nowdays got stereo BT headset already....

CheerS!
 

gcck

New Member
Dec 22, 2004
26
0
0
Clementi
#11
Hi folks,

I think I saw Fuwell selling the Linksys CIT200 for S$179 on offer yesterday.

BUY BUY BUY!!!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom