What you guys do to save the earth environment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahibo

Aug 6, 2006
I wonder that given current environment state , do you do anything ? And what you do ?

recycle papers, bottles etc. Try to cut down electricity, water usage, set aircon setting to as high as possible to remain comfortable.

anybody ? :)

I stop taking plastic bag from my shoppings, i either Hand Carry or bring my Own bags.

I use only recycled papers.
I buy things with less packaging if possible over those with fancy packaging.

I drive less. off my engine whenever possible, turn my aircon temp to 24deg

try not to stay in front of the fridge with it open for too long wondering what to eat

Turn off everything that is not in use at the power point.

I want to get a bicycle.

I been supporting recycle glass bottle, aluminum can, paper for many years.
only recent years that able to see recycle bin at housing estate.

and I also try to use less plastic bags over the years, collecting and reuse them whenever I can, for those dirty plastic bag, I use them as garbage bag, still, have a few cartons of plastic bag been collected over the years, btw, the plastic bags are fold up nicely.

Don't keep upgrading all your toys like Camera bodies to what have you. The more you consume, the more the manufacturers will keep making newer one to shove it in your face, making you feel like a loser that you are still using yesterday's model when you should be smart to get the brightest and latest. Do you know how much of difficult materials it takes to make alot of the stuff we buy today that is very very hard to recycled or biodegrade?

hehehe....that is one of the hard one to do right? heheheheh...

:) thanks for all the entry.

:( nobody shorten their photoshop time on pc to save electric ? :)

glad that many people care.

Shoot in natural lighting - dun use battery ... think battery got harmful chemical!!!

glad that many people care.

Lip service is cheap. Typing some stuff here and not doing it 27/7 is worst.

Say we keep coming into this forum and this thread so often to see and answer questions like this ...is this not as bad as doing too much Photoshopping wasting electricity too don't you think? heheheheh...

buy the best i can afford so i dun buy-buy-buy. i likes things tt lasts & i dun get sick seeing them aft a long time (min estimate in yrs).

vintage cars in included for comparison cos it uses fuel- its bad for earth.

I usually decline plastic bags and have been at it since sec sch (>10 years ago)
I pick up rubbish on my kayak when heading back to return my kayak. The sea's really dirty :cry:
Of course seriously you should see the kind of attention in get when I do these stuff. Friends around me really start giving me weird looks with the "siao ah?" face.
aiz.. the typical self centred singaporeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.